Professional Development for Health and Social Care
Boost your professional development with this three-course Professional Development for Health and Social Care bundle of NCFE CACHE qualifications.
- Achieve three nationally recognised NCFE CACHE qualifications in the safe handling of medicines, awareness of end of life care, and prevention and control of infections.
- Boost your professional development with three courses that provide valuable knowledge for anyone working in a health and social care environment.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
This three-course Professional Development for Health and Social Care bundle of NCFE CACHE qualifications is perfect for anyone currently working in health and social care who wants to develop professionally. Each course in this bundle will provide you with valuable knowledge and understanding that will help you perform to a higher level in your career and increase your chances of progression.
The CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection course will cover the common sources of infection and how it is transmitted, as well as how you can manage the cleaning, decontamination, and waste management when it comes to infection control, including the use of personal protective equipment and cleaning schedules.
During the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines course, you’ll learn the correct ways to supply, store, and dispose of medication in a safe manner and the legislation and guidance relating to the safe administration of medication. You will also expand your knowledge of how to record information in a confidential manner and the audit process in relation to transactions and stock levels.
And finally, the CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care course will cover the principles and policies involved in end of life care, as well as the factors you need to understand when it comes to communication. You will also learn more about the support services available and the potential barriers someone may face when accessing end of life care.
Up to three years.
You will receive the following qualifications once you have successfully completed this course: NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines, NCFE CACHE Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection, and NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Know different perspectives on death and dying
- Understand the aims, principles and policies of end of life care
- Understand factors regarding communication in end of life care
- Know how to access the range of support services available to individuals and others
- Identify the potential barriers an individual may face when accessing end of life care
- Define local and national policy and guidance for care after death
- Use of different types of medication
- Understand how medicines are classified
- Legislation and guidelines related to medication
- The roles of self and others in the medication process
- Accessing information about medication
- How medicines are supplied and obtained
- Requirements for storing medication
- Requirements for the safe disposal of medication
- Legislation and guidance in relation to administration of medicine
- Preparation to be taken prior to administering medication
- How medication is administered safely and in a way that meets individual needs
- Supporting individuals to administer their own medication
- The procedures to follow when there are problems with the administration of medication
- Monitoring the effects of medication
- Audit process in relation to medication transactions and stock levels
- How information is recorded and confidentiality maintained
- Own role in relation to accountability and responsibility
- The importance of safeguarding individuals in relation to medication use
- Roles and responsibilities
- Legislation and policies
- Systems and procedures
- Risk assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good personal hygiene in the prevention
- Control of infections
- Common illnesses and infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- Infection and colonisation
- Systemic infection
- Localised infection
- Poor practices
- Transmission of infection
- Growth of microorganisms
- Infective agents
- Common sources of infection
- Infective agents can be transmitted
- Key factors
- Environmental cleaning
- Cleaning schedules
- Correct management
- National policy
- Decontamination process
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning and storing equipment
- Different categories of waste
- Dealing with waste safely
Each of the three courses are assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
Once enrolled, you will have three years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which is more time than you will need. This will allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve the following qualifications:
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Safe Handling of Medicines
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in the Awareness of End of Life Care
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in the Prevention and Control of Infections
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this qualification, however, you must be at least 18 years of age to study this course.
- Expert personal tutor support.
- Dedicated learner services.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service and employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for two years.
- Study pack including notebook, pen, and highlighter.
You do not need to be working to enrol on this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.