NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
Achieve your NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care and earn up to 28 UCAS points!
- Achieve a nationally recognised NCFE CACHE qualification in health and social care!
- Earn up to 28 UCAS points which you can use to help you get into university.
- Develop your understanding of key areas of health and social care.
- Study from home at your own pace.
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years.
This NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care has been designed to help anyone either looking to work in health and social care or currently working in the sector to progress in the workplace. The course can also be used to enable you to access higher education as you will be able to achieve up to 28 UCAS points based on the grade you achieve at the end of your course.
During your studies, you will expand your knowledge of the legislation and codes of practice when it comes to equality, diversity, and rights in the sector and how you can work in an inclusive way. This course will also cover the key elements of development and significant events across the human lifespan, as well as how you can safeguard individuals in your care, including the signs, symptoms, and behaviours that may indicate that someone is at risk and the legislation, policies, and procedures that can help you take action.
As well as gaining up to 28 UCAS points on successful completion of your studies, this course will also support your progression into a range of roles in the health and social care industry, such as:
- Healthcare assistants in primary care, acute health, and community environments.
- Care support workers in adult residential settings or supported living, domiciliary, or day services.
- Community-based support workers.
You could also choose to move on to the next stage of this nested qualification which is the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care.
Up to one year.
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care once you have successfully completed this course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 601/6108/5
- Understand equality, diversity, and rights in health and social care
- How to work in an inclusive way
- Legislation and codes of practice in relation to inclusive practice
- Role of the health and social care practitioner
- Human growth and development through the lifespan
- Key elements of development across human lifespan
- Theories of human growth and development
- Significant life events within each stage of human development
- Understand safeguarding
- How to safeguard individuals in relation to legislation, policies, and procedures
- Factors that may contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Signs, symptoms, indicators, and behaviours that may cause concern
- Lines of reporting and responsibility in relation to the safeguarding, protection, and welfare of individuals
- Role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will take approximately 3 months to complete, however, you will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care.
With this health and social care course, you can achieve up to 28 UCAS points based on the grade you achieve. You can find out more about UCAS points here.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
CACHE Alumni membership
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will have access to the CACHE Alumni membership for two years. CACHE Alumni is a professional membership network for those who work in the care, health, and education industries, providing valuable resources and advice for your studies when working towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this qualification, however, you must be at least 16 years of age to study this course.
- Expert personal tutor support.
- Dedicated learner services.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
- FREE CV critique service and employability guide to help you impress future employers.
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership.
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for two years.
- *Study pack including notebook, pen, and highlighter.
*Not included with the online study option.
You do not need to be working in the sector to enrol on this course.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.