NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
Expand your knowledge in health and social care and gain a fully recognised award. Earn up to 28 UCAS points for higher education.
- Fully recognised Health and Social Care Level 3 Award
- Assists with job role progression in health and social care
- Earn up to 28 UCAS points to access higher education
- Assignment based assessments only
- Introduction to core health and social subject areas
- Covers safeguarding, human growth and equality and rights
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment
Whether you already have a job in a health and social care setting and want to advance your career or you are looking to go onto higher education, our Level 3 award in Health and Social Care is the ideal option.
This all theory based course allows learners to expand their knowledge on the key subject areas of Health and Social Care including equality, diversity and rights, human developments and safeguarding practices.
Learn how to promote and practice higher quality care and excel in your career.
For students who are looking to get into higher education, you can earn up to 28 UCAS points when you have successfully completed the course. This can support your application to a college or university and will give you base knowledge if you are looking to take a course in a similar subject area.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive your CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
Qualification Number: 601/6108/5
- Understand equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- How to work in an inclusive way
- Legislation and codes of practice in relation to inclusive practice
- Role of the health and social care practitioner
- Human growth and development through the lifespan
- Key elements of development across human lifespan
- Theories of human growth and development
- Significant life events within each stage of human development
- Understand safeguarding
- How to safeguard individuals in relation to legislation, policies and procedures
- Factors that may contribute to an individual being vulnerable to harm or abuse
- Signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may cause concern
- Lines of reporting and responsibility in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of individuals
- Role and responsibilities of the health and social care practitioner in relation to safeguarding individuals
All assessments on this course are assignment based only, meaning you don’t need to complete a practical. These assignments must be submitted to your tutor for marking. There are no external examinations for this course, so it can be completed from home.
The course should take you around 3 months to complete. You will have a year in order to complete with plenty of time for you to study at your own pace.
Successful students will achieve a CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care. CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the leading industry specialists in providing qualifications that specialise in the care and education sector. This course has been developed by experts to ensure that all requirements and skills are covered.
You will also be able to earn up to 28 UCAS points, which will open a wider programme of higher education study. Students may go on to a higher college or university course.
This course is suitable for students who wish to progress in careers such as:
- Care support workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- Care support workers in domiciliary services, support living or day services
- Community-based support workers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however you must be at least 16 years of age.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Free CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You do not need to be working to enrol onto this course as this is a knowledge only qualification.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.