Principles of Nursing Practice QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge with this Principles of Nursing Practice QLS Level 3 course!
- Understand the key legislation, policies, and ethical principles involved in nursing practice.
- Learn how to apply different communication models to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, and their loved ones.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Principles of Nursing Practice QLS Level 3 course is ideal for anyone considering a career in nursing who wants to gain a foundation of knowledge before beginning their training.
During this course, you’ll study anatomy and physiology, the psychology behind wellbeing and care, and the core skills involved in personal care such as taking vitals readings and monitoring breathing and blood glucose levels.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Development of nursing principles
- Key legislation and policy
- Ethical principles of care
- Key models of communication
- Communication skills and methods
- Reflective practice
- Anatomy and physiology
- Homeostasis and wellbeing
- Psychology of wellbeing
- The sick role
- Service user involvements and perspectives
- Supported psychologically
- Procedure for taking a pulse, temperature, and blood pressure readings
- Breathing rates
- Urinalysis and blood glucose monitoring
- Key measurements and readings
- Key priorities
- Delivery of personal care
- Record keeping, data protection and care plans
- Assessment and reporting
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.