Principles of Nursing Practice QLS Level 3
Develop your skills and understanding of the principles of nursing practice, from home!
- Understand the basic principles of nursing practice
- Be able to apply basic nursing principles to practical contexts
- Explore the core values and standards associated with basic nursing practice and care delivery
- Investigate psychological and social aspects of nursing practice and care delivery
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be delivered to you, by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Development of nursing principles
- Key legislation and policy
- Ethical principles of care
- Key models of communication
- Communication skills and methods
- Reflective practice
- Anatomy and physiology
- Homeostasis and wellbeing
- Psychology of wellbeing
- The sick role
- Service user involvements and perspectives
- Supported psychologically
- Procedure for taking a pulse, temperature and blood pressure readings
- Breathing rates
- Urinalysis and blood glucose monitoring
- Key measurements and readings
- Key priorities
- Delivery of personal care
- Record keeping, data protection and care plans
- Assessment and reporting
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking.
You will have a full year from enrolment to complete this course. This is enough time to study at your own pace.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.