Principles of Mental Health Nursing QLS Level 3
Improve your knowledge with this Principles of Mental Health Nursing QLS Level 3 course.
- Study the history of mental health nursing, ethical principles, and the regulatory bodies and organisations you need to be aware of in mental health nursing.
- Understand the key legislation that applies to mental health nursing and your duty of care.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Principles of Mental Health Nursing QLS Level 3 course is perfect for anyone considering a career in the mental health industry.
During this course, you’ll learn how to assess a patient and develop a care plan for that individual, as well as the approaches to conducting interventions and the medicines available to help someone struggling with their mental health, including the benefits and adverse effects that can occur as a result of medication.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Principles of Mental Health Nursing QLS Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- History of mental health nursing
- Care values and standards
- Regulatory bodies and organisations
- NHS reform
- Key legislation
- Ethical principles
- The Mental Health Act 1983
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- The Equality Act 2010
- Duty of care and the common law of negligence
- Ethics of mental health nursing practice
- How to define assessment
- The scope of assessment
- Methods of assessment
- Assessing the whole self
- Care plans
- Developing a care plan
- Care plans related to assessment
- Counselling approaches
- Solution-focussed approaches
- Motivational interview
- Working with groups
- Working with families and carers
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Mood stabilisers
- Anxiolytics and hypnotics
- Medicines for specific conditions
- Adverse effects and monitoring
- Standards of medicine administration in mental health nursing
- Routes of administration, timing and dose
- Benefits and adverse effects of medication
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Principles of Mental Health Nursing Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.