Principles of Mental Health Nursing Level 3
Improve your knowledge of the principles of mental health nursing from home!
- Understand the basic principles of mental health nursing practice and key legislation the currently governs all nursing practice.
- Be able to apply the methods of assessment and develop a personalised care plan.
- Recognise core values and standards associated with mental health nursing practice.
- Study the psychopharmacology aspects of mental health.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
All your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 12 months
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- History of mental health nursing
- Care values and standards
- Regulatory bodies and organisations
- NHS reform
- Key legislation
- Ethical principles
- The Mental Health Act 1983
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- The Human Rights Act 1998
- The Equality Act 2010
- Duty of care and the common law of negligence
- Ethics of mental health nursing practice
- How to define assessment
- The scope of assessment
- Methods of assessment
- Assessing the whole self
- Care plans
- Developing a care plan
- Care plans related to assessment
- Counselling approaches
- Solution focused approaches
- Motivational interview
- Working with groups
- Working with families and carers
- Complementary and alternative therapies
- Mood stabilisers
- Anxiolytics and hypnotics
- Medicines for specific conditions
- Adverse effects and monitoring
- Standards of medicine administration in mental health nursing
- Routes of administration, timing and dose
- Benefits and adverse effects of medication
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required. You are required to do some of your own research.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. This gives you well over enough time to complete your studies.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our award-winning support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
*Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in the Principles of Mental Health Nursing Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.