Level 2 Award for Emergency First Aid for Mental Health
Gain an in-depth understanding of mental health first aid with this Level 2 Award for Emergency First Aid for Mental Health course.
- This TQUK qualification will provide you with an understanding of the actions you can take to support someone during a mental health emergency.
- This Level 2 Award for Emergency First Aid for Mental Health is ideal for anyone wanting to support others with their mental health in the workplace.
- Achieve this qualification from the comfort your own home, at your own pace.
This Level 2 Award for Emergency First Aid for Mental Health course is ideal for anyone who wants to develop their knowledge and skills in order to support their employees/colleagues with their mental health in the workplace and to assist someone during a mental health emergency.
During your studies you’ll learn more about the various mental health conditions and the legislation that supports mental health in the UK. You will also develop your knowledge of the role of a mental health first aider, as well as how to respond to and manage a mental health emergency.
After completing this course, you could take up the role of a mental health first aider in your workplace.
Up to 12 months.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid for Mental Health from TQUK.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course.
Qualification number: 603/5094/5
- Understand mental health.
- Understand the legislation that supports mental health in the UK.
- Understand different mental health conditions.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a mental health first aider.
- Understand what to do when first responding to a mental health emergency.
- Know how to manage a mental health emergency.
You will receive a full year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both you and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
Qualification number: 603/5094/5
Upon successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Level 2 Award for Emergency First Aid for Mental Health from TQUK.
TQUK are an awarding organisation recognised and regulated by Ofqual. TQUK’s qualifications are designed to support and encourage learners to develop their knowledge and skills to help them begin their careers or progress at work.
Learners must be at least 16 years old to enrol on this course. We also recommend that you have a minimum level 2 qualification in literacy and maths.
You will have 12 months from enrolment to complete this course.
- Expert personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Exclusive Open Study College study pack including pen, highlighter, and notebook.
*Not included with the online study option.
No, there is no practical element for this course and therefore, there is no placement required.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.