Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 4
Are you interested in mental health and social care? Then this course is for you. Learn everything you need to know from home!
- Gain a detailed understanding of mental health and social care and their associated practices.
- Learn about the diagnosis of mental illnesses, their symptoms and the treatments available.
- This course is especially relevant for those who wish to progress to higher levels of study and for those who wish to train for further career development.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by phone and post.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Historical development
- Defining 'social' care
- Key models of mental illness
- Legal issues and rights
- Care services in mental health
- Theories and therapies
- Personality disorders
- Practical considerations
- Social exclusion and mental health
- The cycle of exclusion
- Skills for social inclusion
- Service development for inclusion
- Practical application
- Policy and legislation
- Promotion of positive mental health in older age
- Issues of capacity and consent
- Mental health conditions commonly seen in older individuals
- National Service Framework (NSF) for mental health in the UK
- Mental health promotion
- Primary care and access to services
- Effective services for people with severe mental health illness
- Caring about carers
- Preventing suicide
- Service user involvement
- Community Mental Healthcare Team (CMHT)
- CMHT professionals
- The care plan
- Crisis resolution teams
- Inpatient care
- Risk and aggression within acute inpatient wards
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual and study guide plus tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Students do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course; however, some students may wish to complete the Mental Health and Social Care Level 3 as a preparatory course first.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.