Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 4
Take your knowledge to the next level with this Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 4 course!
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of how those with mental health disorders are cared for in the social care sector.
- Learn more about the various key models of mental health disorders.
- Understand how mental health conditions can be diagnosed and the practical considerations to be aware of.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 4 course has been designed for those currently working in the health and social care sector who want to learn more about caring for those with mental health conditions.
During this course, you’ll learn more about how you can promote positive mental health in patients of an older age, the frameworks available to those caring for someone with a mental health disorder, and how you can put together a care plan for those struggling with their mental health.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Historical development
- Defining 'social' care
- Key models of mental illness
- Legal issues and rights
- Care services in mental health
- Theories and therapies
- Personality disorders
- Practical considerations
- Social exclusion and mental health
- The cycle of exclusion
- Skills for social inclusion
- Service development for inclusion
- Practical application
- Policy and legislation
- Promotion of positive mental health in older age
- Issues of capacity and consent
- Mental health conditions commonly seen in older individuals
- National Service Framework (NSF) for mental health in the UK
- Mental health promotion
- Primary care and access to services
- Effective services for people with severe mental health illness
- Caring about carers
- Preventing suicide
- Service user involvement
- Community Mental Healthcare Team (CMHT)
- CMHT professionals
- The care plan
- Crisis resolution teams
- Inpatient care
- Risk and aggression within acute inpatient wards
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 4 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Students do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course, however, some students may wish to complete the Mental Health and Social Care Level 3 to prepare them for the level of study on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.