Mental Health and Social Care Level 3
Develop your knowledge of mental health and social care, from home!
- Explore the definitions and history of mental health problems and the discrimination associated with them
- Learn about the signs of symptoms of such disorders as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder
- Analyse how we can treat and manage mental health problems
- Explore the laws and legislation surrounding mental health
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by phone and post.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Models of mental health
- History and attitudes of treatment of mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
- Social workers
- Mental health conditions
- The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorders
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Mental health legislation
- Amendments to the Mental Health Act 1983 in 2007
- Care and control
- The economy
- The role of the social worker
- Physical treatments
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Complementary therapy
- The service user 'survivor' movement
- Advocacy services for people with mental health problems
- Carers and involvement
- Volunteers in mental health
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students will be sent all course materials by post or online and will receive full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Students do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
No, your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.