Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 3
Expand your knowledge with this Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 3 course.
- Understand the models and approaches to mental health in the social care industry.
- Learn about the history and attitudes towards mental health.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of how those with mental health disorders are cared for in the social care sector.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Mental Health and Social Care QLS Level 3 course is ideal for anyone currently working in the health and social care industry who wants to develop their knowledge of caring for those with mental health disorders. It could also help those considering a career in the health and social care industry to learn more before taking the next step towards their career.
During your studies, you’ll expand your knowledge of the signs and symptoms of various mental health disorders, legislation and policies relevant to mental health in the sector, how mental health disorders can be managed using various approaches, interventions, and therapies.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Mental health and mental illness
- Models and approaches in mental health and social care
- History and attitudes in mental health
- Issues of discrimination and stigma relating to mental illness
- Assessment and diagnosis processes of mental health disorder
- Signs and symptoms of a range of mental health orders
- Mental health legislation
- Policy and law and service provision
- Principles of care and control
- Driving forces behind change in mental health
- Legal issues and service delivery
- Role of the social worker
- Physical treatments
- Psychological approaches
- Social interventions
- Complementary therapies
- Social role valorisation
- The service user movement: its history, development, and current status
- Advocacy and carer support in mental health management
- Volunteer roles within mental health service provision
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Social Care Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Students do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.