Mental Health and Psychiatry QLS Level 3
Do you want to help people out in their times of need? Then this Mental Health and Psychiatry QLS Level 3 could be perfect for you.
- Gain an understanding of the different classifications within mental health and psychiatry.
- Learn more about the ways in which various mental health conditions can be diagnosed.
- Study from home at your own pace.
What is a psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist expertise in mental health, diagnosing and treating people with mental illness. They have a deep understanding of both physical and mental health, and how the two can affect each other. Psychiatrists will help people with different kinds of mental health issues, from depression to schizophrenia.
This Mental Health and Psychiatry QLS Level 3 is perfect for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and psychiatric disorders.
During this course, you’ll explore the symptoms, causes, and prevention of different kinds of mental illnesses, whilst also examining ways to treat some of them as well.
There are several avenues you can go down once you have successfully completed this course. You could take a look at our other psychology courses, or you could further your education by studying a psychology degree at university. If you want to work in psychology using your Mental Health and Psychiatry Level 3 qualification, here are just a few of the jobs you could explore (depending on your credentials):
- Counselling psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Sport and exercise psychologist
- Occupational psychologist
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Forensic psychologist
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Psychiatry Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Who is affected?
- Types of eating disorder
- Who is affected?
- Common misconceptions and generalisations
- The facts
- Related conditions
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Mental Health and Psychiatry Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.