Principles of Nursing Practice and Health and Social Care Level 3
Are you interested in looking after people? Then this bundle is for you. Develop your knowledge and understanding in nursing practice and health and social care, from home!
- Understand the basic principles of nursing practice
- Be able to apply basic nursing principles to practical contexts
- Explore the core values and standards associated with basic nursing practice and care delivery
- Investigate psychological and social aspects of nursing practice and care delivery
- Understand the range of settings in which social care takes place, and the different roles and types of work available within the healthcare system
- Study the universal principles of care that are relevant to a wide range of rewarding careers, including social workers, nurses, health visitors, carers and paramedics
- Develop a detailed understanding of the communication skills and safeguarding procedures necessary to work safely and professionally within the social care system
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3 and Health and Social Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3
- Development of nursing principles
- Key legislation and policy
- Ethical principles of care
- Key models of communication
- Communication skills and methods
- Reflective practice
- Anatomy and physiology
- Homeostasis and wellbeing
- Psychology of wellbeing
- The sick role
- Service user involvements and perspectives
- Supported psychologically
- Procedure for taking a pulse, temperature and blood pressure readings
- Breathing rates
- Urinalysis and blood glucose monitoring
- Key measurements and readings
- Key priorities
- Delivery of personal care
- Record keeping, data protection and care plans
- Assessment and reporting
Health and Social Care Level 3
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Qualification and credit framework (QCF)
- Nurse training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of multiagency working
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of care for nursing
- Record keeping
- Standards for record keeping
- Equality and diversity legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk assessment
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Handling medicines
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post or online. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). This will be a certificate in Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3 and a certificate in Health and Social Care Level 3.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
*Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Principles of Nursing Practice Level 3 and Health and Social Care Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.