Health and Social Care Level 3
Study for a career in health and social care from home!
- Study the universal principles of care that are relevant to a wide range of rewarding careers, including social workers, nurses, health visitors, carers and paramedics
- Develop a detailed understanding of vital communication skills for the social care system
- Learn about safeguarding procedures necessary to work safely and professionally within the social care system
- Develop an understanding of legislation and policy in health and social care
This course will help you to understand the range of settings in which social care takes place, and the different roles and types of work available within the healthcare system.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email. You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Health and Social Care Level 3
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Qualification and credit framework (QCF)
- Nurse training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of multiagency working
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of care for nursing
- Record keeping
- Standards for record keeping
- Equality and diversity legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk assessment
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Handling medicines
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.