Health and Social Care QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge with this Health and Social Care QLS Level 3 course!
- Learn more about the different areas of the health and social care industry.
- Understand the legislation and policies you need to adhere to when working in health and social care.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Health and Social Care QLS Level 3 course is perfect for anyone considering a career in the health and social care industry.
During this course, you’ll explore the training opportunities available in the industry, safeguarding individuals in your care, how to manage diseases, and the key principles of care.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Health and Social Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Qualification and credit framework (QCF)
- Nurse training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of multiagency working
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of care for nursing
- Record keeping
- Standards for record keeping
- Equality and diversity legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk assessment
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Handling medicines
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Health and Social Care Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.