Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5
Study our Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5 bundle course from home and start working towards your career in health and social care.
- Ofqual regulated Health and Social Care level 4 and 5 qualifications.
- Equivalent to the first and second years of a university degree.
- Study for your course entirely online and benefit from skype sessions and online webinars.
- Achieve up to 240 credits towards your degree.
A career in health and social care is one of the most rewarding careers out there. Not only are you caring and helping vulnerable people, but you are also making a difference in people’s lives.
For those looking for an advanced career in health and social care, this Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5 bundle course can be the perfect springboard to achieving a career in health and social care.
Equivalent to the first and second years of a degree course, once you have completed your level 4 and 5 studies, you can progress to university to achieve your full degree.
Up to five years.
Approximately 240 hours.
You will receive your Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5 qualification, which is the equivalent of the first and second years of a degree course.
You must be at least 18 years old to enrol on this course and have completed secondary education.
Online assessments and written assignments.
Awarding body: Qualifi
- Skills and understanding to study effectively within higher education, in particular, reflective and critical thinking skills.
- Awareness of different forms of communication used in health and social care settings.
- The importance of effective service delivery.
- Awareness of different influences on healthcare and their effect on the development of policy.
- Evaluation of healthcare policy.
- Examine what are the key contemporary issues for those making policy, providers and those receiving support.
- Reflective practice in all its forms.
- Reflections on practice and in practice are important concepts in health and social care
- Feed into the idea of self -development linking theory to practice.
- The processes involved in the recruitment, management and development of people in the health and social care workplace.
- Facilitating change in the organisation.
- Sociological concepts of health and ill health and their application to care practice in health and social care.
- How society is structured in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, social class, family and households and its impact on health and well-being.
- Professional codes of conduct that health and social care professionals have.
- Develop an understanding of the values, theories, and policies underpinning health and social care practice,
- The mechanisms that exist to promote good practice within the sector.
- Quality as an essential component of health and social care services and it's different interpretations and perspectives.
- Different perspectives on health and social care service quality
- How this is evaluated in order to empower and involve users of services.
- Skills of independent enquiry and critical analysis by undertaking a small pilot investigation of direct relevance to their higher education programme or professional development.
- The importance of working positively in partnership with others in health and social care.
- Understand issues of health, disability and illness.
- How health care professionals can empower those with complex physical and mental health needs to determine their own care.
You will be assessed through a mixture of online assessments and written assignments.
There will be an online assessment for each module. Your online assessments will appear once you have completed each module and these are multiple choice questions.
Once you have completed your module and online assessment, your written assignment details with be released to you. Each written assessment is between 3000 and 5000 words long.
This course is studied entirely online. You have access to your course materials for up to five years which means you are able to study whenever and wherever you choose.
Tutor support will be available through 1-2-1 skype sessions. You will also have access to interactive and informative webinars from your tutor as well. There is an online social learning forum to help along your study journey.
You have up to five years to complete your course which is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to study at your own pace. There is no pressure of tight deadlines.
Each module will take approximately 40 hours of study. There is also an additional 30 to 50 hours of optional study materials available.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol on this course and have previously completed secondary education.
On successful completion of your assessments and assignments, you will receive your Level 4 and 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care.
This course is equivalent to the first year of a university degree course. You can achieve up to 240 credits towards a degree qualification.
The next step if you wanted to progress your studies further would be to enrol on a third-year university course and achieve your full degree.
If you didn’t want to go on to university, you will still be able to include your Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5 qualifications on your CV.
No, this course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments only.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.