Health and Social Care Level 4
- Ofqual regulated Health and Social Care level 4 qualification
- Equivalent to 1st year of a university degree
- Study for your course entirely online including assessments
- Study through online resources, skype sessions and online webinars
- Understand the importance of communicating in health and social care
- Learn how to manage peope within the industry
- Achieve up to 120 credits toward degree
A career in health and social care is one of the most rewarding careers out there.
Not only are you caring and helping vulnerable people, you are also making a difference to people’s lives.
For those looking for an advanced career in health and social care, this course can be the perfect springboard to achieving your dream career.
As the equivalent of the 1st year of university, pair this with our Health and Social Care Level 5 and you can progress on and complete a university degree!
The perfect route into university!
Up to 5 years.
Approximately 240 hours.
You will receive your Health and Social Care Level 4 qualification. Equivalent to 1st year of a degree course.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Online assessments and written assignments.
- Skills and understanding to study effectively within higher education- in particular, reflective and critical thinking skills.
- Awareness of different forms of communication used in health and social care settings.
- Its importance for effective service delivery.
- Awareness of different influences on healthcare and their effect on the development of policy.
- Evaluation of healthcare policy.
- Examine what are the key contemporary issues for those making policy, providers and those receiving support.
- Reflective practice in all its forms.
- Reflections on practice and in practice are important concepts in health and social care
- Feed into the idea of self -development linking theory to practice.
- The processes involved in the recruitment, management and development of people in the health and social care workplace.
- Facilitating change in the organisation.
- Sociological concepts of health and ill health and their application to care practice in health and social care.
- How society is structured in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, social class, family and households and its impact on health and well-being.
You will be assessed through a mixture of online assessments and written assignments.
There will be an online assessment for each module. Your online assessments will appear once you have completed each module and these are multiple choice questions.
Once you have completed your module and online assessment, your written assignment details with be released to you. Each written assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
This course is studied entirely online. You have access to your course materials for up to 5 years which means you are able to study whenever and wherever you choose.
Tutor support will be available through 1-2-1 skype sessions. You will also have access to interactive and informative webinars from your tutor as well. There is an online social learning forum to help along your study journey.
You have up to 5 years to complete your course which is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to study at your own pace. There is no pressure of tight deadlines.
Each module will take approximately 40 hours of study. There is also an additional 30-50 hours of optional study materials available.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and have completed secondary education.
On successful completion of your assessments and assignments, you will receive your Level 4 Diploma qualification in Health and Social Care.
This is equivalent to the first year of a university degree course. You can achieve up to 120 credits towards a degree qualification.
If you want to progress further, you can take Health and Social Care Level 5, which is the equivalent of second year university degree.
There is also the option to take both courses as once with our Health and Social Care Level 4 and 5.
There are no specific skills you need to enrol onto this course. However, you must have completed secondary education.
You can start your course at any time and have up to 5 years to complete your course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with one-to-one Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online Social Learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.