Advanced Health and Social Care
Advance your career in Health and Social Care from home!
- Gain a high-level understanding of health and social care industry practices.
- Develop your knowledge of care, communication and support strategies.
- Learn about care planning and different theoretical perspectives on care.
- Discover how research methods can be used to deliver health and social care.
Health and social care workers are increasingly in demand to cater for the UK’s ageing population. A growing number of job opportunities are becoming available in this sector.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Advanced Health and Social Care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Historical overview of health and social care services
- Organisation of care services and provision
- Policy, regulation, enforcement, funding
- Theories of learning and professional knowledge
- Evidence-based practice
- Ethical issues and reflective practice
- Professional development and peer support
- Values, ethics and rights
- Safe practice in care environments
- Ethical considerations
- Mental health
- Issues of gender, age, ability, religion and sexuality
- Non-discriminatory practice
- Care values and care standards
- Understanding care relationships
- Support needs and policy influences
- Supporting people through change
- Communication, empowerment and advocacy
- Managing yourself and other people
- Managing care activities
- Managing quality and change
- Assessment of needs
- Rationale of assessment
- Risk assessment
- Contextualising assessment
- Models and tools for assessment
- Care planning policy
- Models of care planning
- Recording care plans
- User-defined outcomes
- Monitoring and review
- Approaches to health education and promotion
- Models of behaviour change
- Planning and implementing a health campaign
- Models of health
- Diet and health
- Media influence
- Theoretical perspectives
- Evaluation and outcome measures
- The nature of knowledge
- Research related to practice
- Reading research
- Evaluating research
- Conducting research
- Research methods
- Data analysis
- Research ethics
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery, plus tutor support by email.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Whilst not mandatory, we recommend that students enrolling on this course have already completed Health and Social Care Level 3 or a similar qualification.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.