Advanced Health and Social Care
Take your knowledge to the next level and develop your career with this Advanced Health and Social Care Level 4 course.
- Develop your knowledge of health and social care to benefit your career.
- Learn more about how you can promote the health of your patients.
- Study from home at your own pace.
Demand for health and social care workers is constantly increasing to cater for the UK’s aging population, with a growing number of job opportunities becoming available.
This Advanced Health and Social Care course is ideal for anyone currently in an entry-level position in the health and social care industry, who is looking to learn more and progress in their career.
During this course, you’ll explore topics such as values and ethics in the industry, how you can support and communicate with people, approaches to care planning, and how you can educate people on their health.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Advanced Health and Social Care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Historical overview of health and social care services
- Organisation of care services and provision
- Policy, regulation, enforcement, funding
- Theories of learning and professional knowledge
- Evidence-based practice
- Ethical issues and reflective practice
- Professional development and peer support
- Values, ethics, and rights
- Safe practice in care environments
- Ethical considerations
- Mental health
- Issues of gender, age, ability, religion, and sexuality
- Non-discriminatory practice
- Care values and care standards
- Understanding care relationships
- Support needs and policy influences
- Supporting people through change
- Communication, empowerment and advocacy
- Managing yourself and other people
- Managing care activities
- Managing quality and change
- Assessment of needs
- Rationale of assessment
- Risk assessment
- Contextualising assessment
- Models and tools for assessment
- Care planning policy
- Models of care planning
- Recording care plans
- User-defined outcomes
- Monitoring and review
- Approaches to health education and promotion
- Models of behaviour change
- Planning and implementing a health campaign
- Models of health
- Diet and health
- Media influence
- Theoretical perspectives
- Evaluation and outcome measures
- The nature of knowledge
- Research related to practice
- Reading research
- Evaluating research
- Conducting research
- Research methods
- Data analysis
- Research ethics
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which you will submit to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a level 4 certificate of achievement in Advanced Health and Social Care from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Whilst not mandatory, we recommend that students enrolling on this course have already completed a level 3 health and social care course or a similar qualification.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.