Health and Social Care Level 5
- Ofqual regulated Health and Social Care level 5 qualification
- Equivalent to 2nd year of a university degree
- Study for your course entirely online including assessments
- Study through online resources, skype sessions and online webinars
- Achieve up to 120 credits towards degree
A career in health and social care is one of the most rewarding careers out there.
Not only are you caring and helping vulnerable people, you are also making a difference to people’s lives.
For those looking for an advanced career in health and social care, this course can be the perfect springboard to achieving your dream career.
As the equivalent of the second year of university, pair this with our Health and Social Care Level 4 and you can progress on and complete a university degree!
The perfect route into university!
Up to 5 years.
Approximately 200 hours.
You will receive your Health and Social Care Level 5 qualification. This is equivalent to 2nd year of a degree.
You must be at least 18 years old to enrol. You must also have passed Health and Social Care Level 4.
Series of online assessments and written assignments.
601/5442/1 – awarding body – Qualifi
- Professional codes of conduct that health and social care professionals have.
- Develop an understanding of the values, theories and policies underpinning health and social care practice,
- The mechanisms that exist to promote good practice within the sector.
- Quality as an essential component of health and social care services and it's different interpretations and perspectives.
- Different perspectives on health and social care service quality
- How this is evaluated in order to empower and involve users of services.
- Skills of independent enquiry and critical analysis by undertaking a small pilot investigation of direct relevance to their higher education programme or professional development.
- The importance of working positively in partnership with others in health and social care.
- Understand issues of health, disability and illness.
- How health care professionals can empower those with complex physical and mental health needs to determine their own care.
You will be assessed through a mixture of online assessments and written assignments.
There will be an online assessment for each module. Your online assessments will appear once you have completed each module and these are multiple choice questions.
Once you have completed your module and online assessment, your written assignment details with be released to you. Each written assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
This course is studied entirely online. You have access to your course materials for up to 5 years which means you are able to study whenever and wherever you choose.
Tutor support will be available through 1-2-1 skype sessions. You will also have access to interactive and informative webinars from your tutor as well. There is an online social learning forum to help along your study journey.
You have up to 5 years to complete your course which is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to study at your own pace. There is no pressure of tight deadlines.
Each module will take approximately 40 hours of study. There is also an additional 30-50 hours of optional study materials available.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and have completed secondary education.
On successful completion of your assessments and assignments, you will receive your Level 5 Diploma qualification in Health and Social Care.
This is equivalent to the second year of a university degree course. You can achieve up to 120 credits towards a degree qualification.
The next step if you wanted to progress further would be to go onto university and complete your degree. You would be entering at third year stage to achieve your full degree.
If you didn’t want to go on to university you will still have your Health and Social Care Level 5 qualification to add to your CV.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.