Dental Nurse Assistant QLS Level 3
Learn more about the role of a dental nurse assistant with this Dental Nurse Assistant Level 3 course.
- Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse.
- Perfect for anyone considering the career.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Dental Nurse Assistant course is perfect for anyone considering a career as a dental nurse who wants to find out more about the career.
During this course, you’ll learn more about the health and safety considerations involved in the career, the abbreviations you’ll need to know, how to care for patients effectively, and ways you can promote their oral health.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Dental Nurse Assistant Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Role and responsibilities
- Professional bodies and standards
- Different roles
- Health and Safety
- Dealing with hazards
- Developing plans
- Dentition of teeth
- Promote a healthy mouth
- Signs and symptoms of disease
- Oral diseases
- Role of the hygienists and treatments they offer
- Dental charting
- Teeth and tooth surfaces
- Periodontal charting
- Medical emergencies
- Patient medical records
- Dental teamwork
- Patient complaints
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Dental Nurse Assistant Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course. Although it would be advisable to have a good level of English and maths, as well as experience studying a science course such as biology at GCSE or a level 2 equivalent.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.