Dental Receptionist QLS Level 3
Find out everything you need to know about the role of a dental receptionist with this Dental Receptionist course.
- Learn more about the role and responsibilities of a dental receptionist.
- Understand the legislation involved in the role of a dental receptionist.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Dental Receptionist course is perfect for anyone looking at beginning their career in the dental industry by becoming a dental receptionist.
During this course, you’ll learn how to handle different patients and complaints, the processes involved in managing patient appointments, appropriate communication methods for dealing with patients, and how your role as a dental receptionist fits into the team.
Up to one year.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Dental Receptionist Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Role and responsibilities
- Professional bodies and standards
- Different roles within the dental team
- Communication methods
- Dealing with patients
- Listening skills and questioning techniques
- Data protection act
- Confidentiality act
- Safeguarding children policy
- Patient safety and quality assurance
- Managing patients
- Different customer needs
- Handling complaints
- Telephone techniques
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Time management
- Benefits of teamwork
- Role as the receptionist
- Situations teamwork is needed
- Allocated tasks
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Dental Receptionist Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course. However, we recommend that you have a good level of English and maths, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.