Social Care with Families QLS Level 4
Develop your knowledge with this Social Care with Families QLS Level 4 course.
- Gain an understanding of family systems and the needs and rights of children.
- Learn how to support families in practise and use the need assessment framework.
- Study from home at your own pace.
Save £1898 when you buy this course as a package
This Social Care with Families QLS Level 4 course is a great choice for anyone currently working in social care who is looking to specialise in working with families, or someone who is considering a career in social care and wants to learn more about the profession first.
During your studies, you’ll explore the theories of attachment and disruption of attachment and the types of care available for children. You will also learn more different types of child abuse and how you can protect the children you work with. The course will also cover where you can start when conducting assessments and the frameworks available, as well as the legal processes, procedures, and responsibilities within your role in social care when working with families.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Social Care with Families Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Defining childhood
- Family systems
- The needs and rights of children
- Defining support
- Examining current children's acts
- How support works in practise
- The need assessment framework
- Bowlby's theory
- Disruption of attachment (maternal deprivation hypothesis)
- Corporate parenting
- Types of care - fostering, adoption and residential care
- Defining abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Protecting children
- Child protection preparation
- The Cleveland Report
- Assessment starting points
- Common assessment framework (CAF)
- What is family law?
- The Children and Family Court Advisory Service (CAFCASS)
- The Family Proceedings Court (FPC)
- Roles of court personnel
- Court reports and evidence
- Skills related to court procedures
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Social Care with Families Level 4 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.