Social Care with Families QLS Level 4
Do you want a career making a difference in the lives of others? Improve your knowledge of the key principles of providing a social care service to families.
- Gain an understanding of family systems and the needs and rights of children.
- Learn how to support families in practise and use the need assessment framework.
- Develop your knowledge of the key areas of legislation and legal processes, such as adoption, care orders and court processes related to family social care.
- Study the theories relating to attachment and separation.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email and post.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Home learning is simple and stress-free. Enrol with us today and join the 100,000 students who have chosen us to improve their career prospects.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Defining childhood
- Family systems
- The needs and rights of children
- Defining support
- Examining current children's acts
- How support works in practise
- The need assessment framework
- Bowlby's theory
- Disruption of attachment (maternal deprivation hypothesis)
- Corporate parenting
- Types of care - fostering, adoption and residential care
- Defining abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Protecting children
- Child protection preparation
- The Cleveland report
- Assessment starting points
- Common assessment framework (CAF)
- What is family law?
- The Children and Family Court Advisory Service (CAFCASS)
- The Family Proceedings Court (FPC)
- Roles of court personnel
- Court reports and evidence
- Skills related to court procedures
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments which are marked and returned by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Students receive a course manual, assignments and a study guide, plus full tutor support by email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.