Social Care for Communities Level 4
Gain a detailed understanding of how social care operates within communities.
- Health and social care is one of the largest sectors in the UK, employing over 1.8 million people
- This course will explore the role of social care in communities, examining the relevant frameworks and procedures necessary for working within this field
- Gain an understanding of the practical challenges associated with meeting the social needs of communities
- Develop a high-level understanding of social care for communities across a wide range of children’s and adult’s services
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Development of social policy perspectives
- The legal framework of community care
- The challenges of modernisation
- Economy of care
- Assessment and provision of services
- The experiences of practice in community care
- The statutory framework
- Needs-led assessment
- Record keeping
- Care planning
- Interventions and risk assessment
- Monitoring and review of services and service provision
- Evaluation of support services
- Quality assurance and the outcomes approach to quality
- Defining and describing roles
- Skills training
- Carer issues
- Participation and empowerment
- Rights and discrimination
- Mental health issues
- Service provision costs and payments
- Benefits and allowances
- Residential care costs
- Financial management
- Health and social care definitions
- Partnership working
- Continuing care
- Future care development
- Housing needs
- Scope of adult services
- Services for older people
- Transitional services
- Contextual services provision: disability and mental health services
- Substance misuse
- Services for asylum seekers
- Scope of children’s services
- Legislation relating to child protection and care orders
- Abuse and neglect
- Specialist skills for working in children's services
- Residential and foster care
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
No previous knowledge is compulsory for studying this course; however, we would recommend that you have already completed some level 3 study of health and social care or a relevant subject before proceeding with this level 4 course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.