Social Care for Communities QLS Level 4
Develop your knowledge with this Social Care for Communities QLS Level 4 course.
- Gain an understanding of the legal frameworks within community care and the development of social policy perspectives.
- Explore the need for needs-led assessments, accurate record keeping, and quality assurance in the social care industry.
- Study from home at your own pace.
Save £1898 when you buy this course as a package
Health and social care is one of the largest sectors in the UK and is continuously growing due to the aging population.
This Social Care for Communities QLS Level 4 is perfect for anyone currently working in the health and social care industry who is looking to move into a more community-focussed role.
During this course, you will learn more about the roles, values, and training in the industry, as well as understand the ways in which you can work in partnership with the community to meet their needs. You will also improve your knowledge of both adult and child-specific services that will help you care for the most vulnerable members of the community.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Social Care for Communities Level 4.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Development of social policy perspectives
- The legal framework of community care
- The challenges of modernisation
- Economy of care
- Assessment and provision of services
- The experiences of practice in community care
- The statutory framework
- Needs-led assessment
- Record keeping
- Care planning
- Interventions and risk assessment
- Monitoring and review of services and service provision
- Evaluation of support services
- Quality assurance and the outcomes approach to quality
- Defining and describing roles
- Skills training
- Carer issues
- Participation and empowerment
- Rights and discrimination
- Mental health issues
- Service provision costs and payments
- Benefits and allowances
- Residential care costs
- Financial management
- Health and social care definitions
- Partnership working
- Continuing care
- Future care development
- Housing needs
- Scope of adult services
- Services for older people
- Transitional services
- Contextual services provision: disability and mental health services
- Substance misuse
- Services for asylum seekers
- Scope of children’s services
- Legislation relating to child protection and care orders
- Abuse and neglect
- Specialist skills for working in children's services
- Residential and foster care
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Social Care for Communities Level 4 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
No previous knowledge is compulsory for studying this course, however, we would recommend that you have already completed some level 3 study of health and social care or a relevant subject before proceeding with this level 4 course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.