Social Care Studies
Gain a detailed insight into social care with this three-course bundle, from home!
- Understand the universal principles of care, including the prevention and control of infection.
- Explore the history of social care in communities and how to meet social needs.
- Gain an insight into how to support families and what to do when a child needs to be protected.
This bundle is perfect for those who wish to develop a sound knowledge base in social and care for communities and families.
This bundle is also ideal for students who are working in a health and social care role and want to boost their knowledge and skills.
Up to two years.
Approximately 320 hours.
You will receive three Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Health and Social Care Level 3
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Qualification and credit framework (QCF)
- Nurse training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of multiagency working
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of care for nursing
- Record keeping
- Standards for record keeping
- Equality and diversity legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk assessment
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Handling medicines
Social Care for Communities Level 4
- Development of social policy perspectives
- The legal framework of community care
- The challenges of modernisation
- Economy of care
- Assessment and provision of services
- The experiences of practice in community care
- The statutory framework
- Needs-led assessment
- Record keeping
- Care planning
- Interventions and risk assessment
- Monitoring and review of services and service provision
- Evaluation of support services
- Quality assurance and the outcomes approach to quality
- Defining and describing roles
- Skills training
- Carer issues
- Participation and empowerment
- Rights and discrimination
- Mental health issues
- Service provision costs and payments
- Benefits and allowances
- Residential care costs
- Financial management
- Health and social care definitions
- Partnership working
- Continuing care
- Future care development
- Housing needs
- Scope of adult services
- Services for older people
- Transitional services
- Contextual services provision: disability and mental health services
- Substance misuse
- Services for asylum seekers
- Scope of children’s services
- Legislation relating to child protection and care orders
- Abuse and neglect
- Specialist skills for working in children's services
- Residential and foster care
Social Care with Families Level 4
- Defining childhood
- Family systems
- The needs and rights of children
- Defining support
- Examining current children's acts
- How support works in practise
- The need assessment framework
- Bowlby's theory
- Disruption of attachment (maternal deprivation hypothesis)
- Corporate parenting
- Types of care - fostering, adoption and residential care
- Defining abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Protecting children
- Child protection preparation
- The Cleveland report
- Assessment starting points
- Common assessment framework (CAF)
- What is family law?
- The Children and Family Court Advisory Service (CAFCASS)
- The Family Proceedings Court (FPC)
- Roles of court personnel
- Court reports and evidence
- Skills related to court procedures
This bundle is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive two years tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 320 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive three Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 and 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle. It is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.