Sale! Health and Social Care and Dementia Care QLS Level 3
Develop your career in healthcare and dementia care from home!
- This combined course allows you to study the wider sector of healthcare in the UK and the broad principles that define and govern its practice, as well as specialise in dementia care
- Develop an understanding of the legislation and policy in health and social care
- Learn about the physiology and management of diseases
- Develop an understanding of the universal principles of care
Health and Social Care is one of the largest sectors in the UK. With dementia now widely reported as the next global health crisis after cancer and obesity, it is crucial that workers entering the healthcare system are trained in dementia care.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
You will have up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course).
Approximately 160 hours.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Health and Social Care Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Dementia Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments
Dementia Care QLS Level 3
- The history of dementia
- Warning signs of dementia
- Three stages of dementia
- Different forms of dementia
- The causes of dementia
- Regions of the brain
- The nervous system
- Protein plaque and tangles
- Care settings
- Patient-centred care
- Bad practice and abuse
- What help does a carer give?
- Reality orientation (RO) and routine tasks
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Back to basics
- Daily care tasks
- Managing behaviours
- What is end of life or palliative care?
- How is palliative care administered?
- Causes of death in dementia patients
- Protocols and guidelines
- Dealing with grief and anticipatory grief
Health and Social Care QLS Level 3
- The Care Quality Commission
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Care settings
- Care homes (nursing and non-nursing)
- Domiciliary care
- Supported living
- Sheltered accommodation
- Day centre care
- Retirement villages
- Personal Development Plan
- Training in the health and social care setting
- Qualification and credit framework (QCF)
- Nurse training
- Roles in nursing
- Other professionals involved in health and social care
- Multiagency working
- Benefits of multiagency working
- Occupational standards
- Common induction standards
- Principles of care for nursing
- Record keeping
- Standards for record keeping
- Equality and diversity legislation
- Case studies
- Key legislation
- Principles of person-centred care
- Holistic care
- Active Listening
- Types of non-verbal communication
- Types of abuse
- What to do when abuse is suspected
- Applying understanding to practice
- The heart
- Management of the service user
- Congestive heart failure
- Caring for a person with dementia
- Respiratory disease (COPD)
- Principles of the prevention and control of infection
- Hand hygiene
- Giving personal care
- Food hygiene
- Handling and moving
- Risk assessment
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Handling medicines
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
Once enrolled, you will have up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.