Dementia Care Level 3
Learn how to provide care for those with dementia.
- Understand the signs, symptoms, stages and forms of dementia
- Develop your awareness of the physiological causes of dementia
- Study the different types of care you can provide for someone who has dementia
- Learn about managing behaviours and the routine of daily care for someone with dementia
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
All your course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, you decide. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 90,000 students that already have!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Dementia Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments
- The history of dementia
- Warning signs of dementia
- Three stages of dementia
- Different forms of dementia
- The causes of dementia
- Regions of the brain
- The nervous system
- Protein plaque and tangles
- Care settings
- Patient-centred care
- Bad practice and abuse
- What help does a carer give?
- Reality orientation (RO) and routine tasks
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Back to basics
- Daily care tasks
- Managing behaviours
- What is end of life or palliative care?
- How is palliative care administered?
- Causes of death in dementia patients
- Protocols and guidelines
- Dealing with grief and anticipatory grief
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, it’s that easy. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Dementia Care Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.