Caring for the Elderly and Dementia Care QLS Level 3
Have you got an interest in caring for those with dementia? Then this bundle will give you all the knowledge you need on how to do just that. Study the convenient way, from home!
- Learn how to work within the Care Quality Commission guidelines with knowledge of all relevant legislation.
- Develop positive relationships with elderly members of the community to provide high-quality care.
- Provide person-centred care in a way that looks after the health, safety and welfare of individuals.
- Recognise specific conditions and the associated care needs of the individual.
- Understand the signs, symptoms, stages and forms of dementia.
- Develop your awareness of the physiological causes of dementia.
- Study the different types of care you can provide for someone who has dementia.
- Learn about managing behaviours and the routine of daily care for someone with dementia.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or by email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Caring for the Elderly and Dementia Care Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Caring for the Elderly QLS Level 3
- The Care Quality Commission
- Types of care available to the elderly
- Roles of workers within health and social care
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults (SOVA)
- Categories of abuse
- Procedure in circumstances where abuse is suspected
- Legislation: The Data Protection Act
- The Human Rights Act
- Equality and Diversity
- Principles of person-centred care
- Care planning
- Record keeping
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Health and Safety Legislation (1974)
- Risk assessment
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Cleaning agents and chemicals
- Bodily fluids
- Administering and storing medication
- Moving and handling
- Transferring service users
- Infection control
- Signs of malnutrition
- Types of dementia
- Diagnosing dementia
- Support services
- Difficulties particular to dementia
- Activities that help people with dementia
- The Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberties Act
- End of life care
- Gold Standards Framework
- Care of the skin
- Prevention of pressure sores
- Congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Lung disease
- Problems with valves
Dementia Care QLS Level 3
- The history of dementia
- Warning signs of dementia
- Three stages of dementia
- Different forms of dementia
- The causes of dementia
- Regions of the brain
- The nervous system
- Protein plaque and tangles
- Care settings
- Patient-centred care
- Bad practice and abuse
- What help does a carer give?
- Reality orientation (RO) and routine tasks
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Back to basics
- Daily care tasks
- Managing behaviours
- What is end of life or palliative care?
- How is palliative care administered?
- Causes of death in dementia patients
- Protocols and guidelines
- Dealing with grief and anticipatory grief
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you or sent by email, it’s that simple. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in Caring for the Elderly Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Dementia Care Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.