Special Educational Needs SEN Level 3
Are you interested in working in a supporting role for individuals with special educational needs?
- Learn how special educational needs impact upon the learning and development of children.
- Discover how you can adapt learning activities for children with speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Learn the different methods of adapting learning for children with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties.
- Discover how you can make a difference to children's learning through identifying and planning for the special educational needs (SENs) of each individual.
This course has been designed specifically for those aspiring to work in a Special Educational Needs (SEN) support role with children. It is particularly suited to classroom teachers, teaching assistants and those who are planning a career in any teaching or support role.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will achieve a certificate of achievement in Special Educational Needs Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Types of discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010
- Special educational needs (SEN) code of practice
- The United Nations Convention on the rights of the child
- The United Nations Convention on persons with disabilities
- Inclusive practice
- Working in partnership
- Adapting practice
- Pattern and sequence of child development
- Influences on development
- Why development may not follow the expected pattern
- Defining speech, language and communication difficulties
- Effects and impact of SLC difficulties
- Adapting communication methods
- Supporting English as an additional language
- Supporting speech and language difficulties
- Psychological needs
- External triggers
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- The link between SEB and language difficulties
- Physical disabilities
- Cystic fibrosis
- Spina bifida
- Visual impairments
- Hearing impairments
- Identifying individual needs
- A child-centred approach
- Assessment frameworks
- The common assessment framework
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.