Medical and Clinical Administration QLS Level 3
Learn everything you need to know about medical and clinical administration, from home!
- Enhance your knowledge of working within medical and clinical administration
- Develop a sound awareness of the professional, legal and ethical aspects of the role
- Study the applied practice of working in a clinical environment, the information technology used in the role and the ethos of service user care.
- Develop a broad knowledge of different care services and how they are integrated
Clinical and medical administrators work within a variety of medical settings, from hospitals and doctors’ surgeries, to physiotherapy clinics and dental practices. The role requires a high level of ability and professionalism, as well as sensitivity to confidential information, vulnerable patients and their specific needs.
This course will provide you with a broad knowledge, so giving you a excellent foundation to begin a career in clinical and medical administration. This course is also ideal for those currently employed in medical and clinical environments who want to further enhance their professional knowledge and skills.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Medical and Clinical Administration Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Key legislative governance within administrative contexts
- Principles of medical ethics
- NHS frameworks and governance
- Quality assurance processes within the administrative context
- The service user-centred approach
- Communication methods and skills related to service user care
- The principles of quality practice and its scope
- Key administrative and reception skills
- Hygienic working practices
- Risk assessment related to safe working practice
- First aid principles for safe working practice
- How aggression and violence are dealt with in a clinical environment
- The main principles of computer operation and use
- The processes involved in electronic medicine
- The principles of information management technology
- Key software used in medical and clinical administration practice
- Key administrative and reception skills required to work in primary care contexts
- Practice funding and finance issues
- Roles within the primary health care team
- Private medical practice and associated administrative skills
- Appointments and admission processes
- Roles and responsibilities within a typical hospital team
- How clinical audits are carried out
- How medical records and case notes are recorded, stored and used
The Medical and Clinical Administration course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• FREE XO Student Discounts membership
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College Pen and highlighter
• *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.