Medical Secretary Level 3
Develop your skills to help your dream job as a medical secretary become a reality, with a flexible home learning course.
- Gain the knowledge and understanding of the duties of a medial secretary and working within the clinical environment
- Understand the different requirements of primary and secondary care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of key medical terminology and abbreviations
- Understand the function and process of medical administration Study at your own time and pace
Learn the knowledge and skills needed to give you the perfect foundation to become a medical secretary.
This course covers all you need to know within the job role including medical terminology and the importance of confidentiality.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours.
Certificate in achievement for Medical Secretary Level 3.
There are no formal entry requirements.
Series of written assignments.
- Identify the funding streams and frameworks in primary and secondary care
- Discuss the different personnel and their roles in primary and secondary care
- Discuss the skills required for a medical secretary in primary and secondary care
- Explain the process of clinical auditing
- Identify key medical terminology
- Discuss medical terminology relating to the body systems
- Identify medical terminology and abbreviations relating to prescriptions and drugs
- Discuss medical terminology relating to medical specialities
- Discuss the principles of infection
- Describe the principles of medical ethics
- Explain the importance of confidentiality
- Describe the concept of health promotion
- Discuss the importance and process of accurate record keeping
- Describe the use of appointment systems
- Describe the role of medical administration in the NHS
- Explain the role of medical administration in private practice and complementary therapies
- Explain how and when to communicate with patients
- Discuss telephone communications
- Evaluate verbal and non-verbal communications
- Discuss the obstacles presented by diversity
- Explain the main principles of computer operation
- Describe electronic medicine processes
- Discuss information management technology
- Describe the key software used
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous skills to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments.
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.