Medical Secretary QLS Level 3
Develop your skills and knowledge with this Medical Secretary QLS Level 3 course!
- Understand the different funding streams, frameworks, and roles in primary and secondary care.
- Improve your knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations relating to medication, body systems, and medical specialities.
- Study from home at your own pace.
This Medical Secretary QLS Level 3 course is ideal for anyone considering a career as a medical secretary.
During this course, you’ll learn more about the working in a clinical environment, using medical administration tools, communicating effectively with patients, and the IT systems you will use during your career.
Up to one year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Medical Secretary Level 3.
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Identify the funding streams and frameworks in primary and secondary care
- Discuss the different personnel and their roles in primary and secondary care
- Discuss the skills required for a medical secretary in primary and secondary care
- Explain the process of clinical auditing
- Identify key medical terminology
- Discuss medical terminology relating to the body systems
- Identify medical terminology and abbreviations relating to prescriptions and drugs
- Discuss medical terminology relating to medical specialities
- Discuss the principles of infection
- Describe the principles of medical ethics
- Explain the importance of confidentiality
- Describe the concept of health promotion
- Discuss the importance and process of accurate record keeping
- Describe the use of appointment systems
- Describe the role of medical administration in the NHS
- Explain the role of medical administration in private practice and complementary therapies
- Explain how and when to communicate with patients
- Discuss telephone communications
- Evaluate verbal and non-verbal communications
- Discuss the obstacles presented by diversity
- Explain the main principles of computer operation
- Describe electronic medicine processes
- Discuss information management technology
- Describe the key software used
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Medical Secretary Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge or skills to enrol on this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, your certificate is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.