Sale! Receptionist Skills QLS Level 2
Understand the key skills required of receptionists in a variety of settings.
- Develop the transferable skills you'll need to work as a receptionist in a variety of settings.
- Learn how to be an effective communicator, including telephone communication.
- Study the core information technology skills vital to the role, and the key processes and protocols for excellent customer care.
- Understand the key principles behind taking and conveying messages and how to take general notes.
Becoming a highly-skilled receptionist requires excellent communication skills, the ability to provide good customer service, and an aptitude for multi-tasking. This course will enable you to gain an in-depth knowledge of the role. You will learn a variety of approaches and methods for various receptionist duties, giving you the skills to perform and deliver with confidence.
The breadth of this course means you can develop transferable skills to work as a receptionist in virtually any setting. In each module, you will have the opportunity to develop the key skills you will need for success.
Up to one year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Verbal communication processes
- Describe how non- verbal communication can influence interaction
- Key recipient expectations during communication
- Communicating with recipients
- Main principles of computer operation and use
- How data is stored
- Principles of information management technology
- Key software used in typical reception systems
- Explain how messages are taken, recorded and conveyed.
- Different messaging mediums
- How to take general notes
- Key principles for prioritising messages
- Main principles of telephone communication
- Appropriate dialogue to use when communicating by telephone
- How complex telephone systems may affect interaction
- Key principles in prioritising calls
- The customer centred model
- Key processes and protocols for effective customer care
- Barriers to effective customer care
- Range of practical applications to resolve customer care issues
- The importance of workstation layout related to function
- Prioritising tasks within a central workstation
- Main principles of team working
- Main principles for maintaining effective customer care within a team context
The Reception Skills Level 2 course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.