NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
Ideal for anyone working or wanting to work with children and young people…
- Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
- The impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
- Support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people
- FREE access to the CACHE Alumni for 2 years when you enrol on your course
This course looks at the causes, symptoms and impacts of mental health problems and issues, and how to identify and tackle them. With increasing pressures on young people from the media, celebrity and online channels more and more children are at risk of experiencing negative mental health.
Work through the course at your own pace, and submit assessments online to your personal tutor, who will grade and return them. No work experience is needed alongside this course, and the flexible nature of distance learning and unlimited personal tutor support by email mean you can easily fit your studies into your existing lifestyle.
Up to 12 months
You will receive your NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Qualification Number: 603/2813/7.
- Understand the concept of mental health
- Know the legislation and guidance that applies to children’s and young people’s mental health
- Understand how society views mental health
- Understand risk factors which may affect the mental well-being of children and young people
- Understand the potential effects of puberty and developmental changes on the mental health of children and young people
- Understand how abuse or bullying may affect the mental health of a child or young person
- Understand behaviour that is associated with mental health concerns in children and young people.
- Understand stress and anxiety in children and young people.
- Understand depression in children and young people.
- Know about specific mental health conditions that children and young people may experience.
- Understand the impact mental health concerns can have on children and young people
- Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health problems on others
- Understand the importance of being diagnosed with a mental health problem
- Understand person centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns
- Understand how to promote mental wellbeing in children and young people
- Understand services and treatment involved with children and young people’s mental health
Each unit of study culminates in a written learning assessment in which the student will demonstrate their understanding of the topics covered. Assessments should be submitted to the course tutor by email. They will then be graded and returned. All 5-unit assessments must be passed in order to complete the course.
Students have 12 months from date of enrolment to complete the course. Enjoy the freedom to study at your own pace, learning in a way that suits your lifestyle.
This course is offered on a distance learning basis, with all course materials provided to you in your choice of online or print versions. You’ll receive full and unlimited support from your personal tutor, who is available to answer any questions you may have. They will also grade your assessments, which can be submitted online.
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve an NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health.
CACHE became part of NCFE in 2015.
CACHE (the Council of Awards in Care, Health and Education) are the UK’s leading awarding organisation for the childcare and social care sectors and are part of the RQF (Regulated Qualifications Framework) which ensures the highest level quality courses and industry recognised qualifications.
Once you have enrolled on your CACHE course, you will be entitled to access the CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years. Please contact our Student Support team for further information on 0330 563100. CACHE Alumni is a Professional Membership Network for those who work in the CACHE industries, providing valuable resources and advice for professional studying towards/with a CACHE qualification.
You will need to be at least 16 years of age to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have one year from enrolment to complete all study units and assessments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CACHE Alumni Membership for 2 years
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Exclusive Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. As this is a knowledge-based qualification, there is no work experience element required in order to pass.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.