Sale! Understanding Safeguarding Children QLS Level 3
Develop your knowledge of safeguarding children with this level 3 course.
- Understand the legislation and policies put in place to safeguard children.
- Learn more about putting in place a child protection plan or model of need.
- Study the types of abuse and the impacts on the child.
- Explore how to support victims, communicate effectively with them and show empathy.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be delivered to you, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Child protection timeline
- The Children Act 1989
- The Protection of Children Act 1999
- The Children Act 2004
- Every child matters
- Childcare Act 2006
- United Nations Convention in the Rights of the Child 1989
- The Sex Offenders Act 1997
- The Sexual Offences Act 2003
- The Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004
- Guidance on offences against children
- Hidden harm
- Working together to safeguard children
- Common assessment framework
- Local safeguarding children boards
- Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
- What is neglect?
- Child protection plan
- Model of need
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS)
- Emergency protection orders
- Care and supervision orders
- Social policy and social exclusion
- Child poverty
- Safeguarding children
- Domestic abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Effects of domestic violence on children
- Impact of domestic violence on children
- Parental substance misuse
- Impact of parental substance misuse on children
- Child abuse
- Munchausen by proxy syndrome
- Sexual abuse
- Ritual abuse
- Parental mental health
- Personality disorders
- Parental mental health: facts
- Working with service users
- Barriers to communication
- Effective communication
- Communicating with children
- Clarification and challenge
- Goal setting
- Values and anti-oppressive practice
- Anti-oppressive and anti-discriminatory practice
- Case studies
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.