Complete Business Management
Learn everything you need to know about business management in this complete bundle, from home. Distance learning couldn’t be easier!
- Learn the key steps you will need to consider when planning and creating your business to increase your chances of success and minimise risk.
- Understand how to market your business, identifying competition and setting pricing and branding strategies.
- Plan how to provide for the individual needs of customers and prepare for the obstacles and opportunities that will arise in your venture.
- Learn the most efficient ways to advertise your business and how to handle and recruit staff.
- Understand the key practices and principles of operations management.
- Understand how operations connects with other aspects of an effective organisation, such as marketing and HR.
- Know how to manage teams and develop effective transactions.
- Learn how to set effective goals and measure performance.
- Investigate the four types of leadership styles.
This Complete Business Management bundle includes:
- Business Management Level 3
- Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
You will receive three Certificates of Achievement in Business Management Level 3, Starting Your Own Business Level 3, Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Business Management Level 3
- Managers as people
- Average managers and great managers
- Developing your staff
- Managing in context
- Financial systems
- Performance and development review
- Holding meetings
- Developing effective transactions
- Ineffective transactions
- Stages of team development
- Keeping performance records
- SMART goals
- Achieving balance
- Considerations when goal setting
- Learning from experience
- Leadership and management
- Four styles of leadership
- Leadership and politics
- Dealing with conflict
- How to make collaboration work
- Leadership influences on management
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3
- Explain the role of operations management within various different kinds of organisation
- Describe how operations management has become crucial to organisations’ success in the modern world
- Demonstrate how the concept of the value chain applies to a variety of different kinds of organisation
- Give examples of the impact good operations management can have on organisational effectiveness
- Justify why the role of the operations manager is fundamentally changing
- Explain why effectively managing people is crucial to operations management
- Explain how teams can enhance the operations function
- Explain the relationship between marketing and operations
- Justify the need for flexible approaches to product and service design
- Describe key principles in product and service design
- Define and utilise the concept of value analysis
- Explain the relationships between value chains, supply chains and logistics
- Demonstrate best practice in selecting and working with suppliers and providers
- Describe the options available in designing processes
- Explain the importance of controlling the value chain
- Describe how operations managers can assess the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations
- Explain how best practice organisations manage their operations
- Identify a range of cost-reducing methods that can be applied to operations
- Define and explain lean synchronisation
- Define what quality means and how to measure it
- Explain operational risk and how to manage it
- Demonstrate how operations managers deal most effectively with the complexity of modern organisations
- Explain why and how organisations adopt a continuous improvement approach to operations
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 24 months tutor support, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide, plus tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive three Certificate’s of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards which includes a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The courses have been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for their high-quality. These courses are not regulated by Ofqual and are not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
These courses have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE TOTUM card (formerly NUS)
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.