Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3
Learn all the skills and knowledge you need to manage an organisation successfully from the comfort of your own home.
Understand the key practices and principles of operations management
- Develop understanding of the relationships between value chains, supply chains and logistics
- Understand how operations connect with other aspects of an organisation, such as marketing and HR
- Learn how efficiency and effectiveness of operations are assessed
- Learn how operations managers deal with quality, operations and change
Are you looking to fast-track your career with a flexible home learning course you can trust? Learn all the skills and knowledge you need to manage an organisation successfully all from the comfort of your own home.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or online, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 90,000 students that already have!
Up to 1 year
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Business Operations and Lean Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Explain the role of operations management within various different kinds of organisation
- Describe how operations management has become crucial to organisations’ success in the modern world
- Demonstrate how the concept of the value chain applies to a variety of different kinds of organisation
- Give examples of the impact good operations management can have on organisational effectiveness
- Justify why the role of the operations manager is fundamentally changing
- Explain why effectively managing people is crucial to operations management
- Explain how teams can enhance the operations function
- Explain the relationship between marketing and operations
- Justify the need for flexible approaches to product and service design
- Describe key principles in product and service design
- Define and utilise the concept of value analysis
- Explain the relationships between value chains, supply chains and logistics
- Demonstrate best practice in selecting and working with suppliers and providers
- Describe the options available in designing processes
- Explain the importance of controlling the value chain
- Describe how operations managers can assess the efficiency and effectiveness of their operations
- Explain how best practice organisations manage their operations
- Identify a range of cost-reducing methods that can be applied to operations
- Define and explain lean synchronisation
- Define what quality means and how to measure it
- Explain operational risk and how to manage it
- Demonstrate how operations managers deal most effectively with the complexity of modern organisations
- Explain why and how organisations adopt a continuous improvement approach to operations