Retail Management QLS Level 3
Do you want to make a career in retail management? Then this Retail Management QLS Level 3 course could be perfect for you.
- Develop your understanding of the wider commercial environment in which retail operates.
- Discover the importance of supply chain and inventory management.
- Learn how to ensure that your team delivers excellent customer service.
- Understand the role that pricing strategy and how it influences consumer choice.
Ideal for those wishing to progress into management position, and useful for current retail managers wishing to maximise their career development, this Retail Management QLS Level 3 course enables you to develop a thorough knowledge of all core aspects of successful retail management.
During the course, you will explore market segmentation, the role of experience in shopping, the importance of customer service, and much more.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Following the successful completion of this course, you will be able to put your newfound knowledge into practice and develop your career. If after, you’re looking to enhance your knowledge even further, take a look at the other management and leadership courses we offer.
Potential future job titles:
- Store manager
- Assistant store manager
- Inventory control specialists
This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Up to 12 months
Approximately 120 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Retail management is changing
- Losing touch with consumers
- Market segmentation
- Rational models
- The role of experience in shopping
- Finding out how customers feel
- Brands: meaning and values
- What is customer service?
- The importance of customer service
- The experience of being in your store
- Locating the right product
- Solving customers' problems
- The value chain
- What to stock and whom to sell it to
- Who to buy supplies from
- Inventory management
- Forecasting and early sales data
- Restocking and rapid supply
- Direct channels
- Access and convenience
- Suppliers and manufacturer partnerships
- Point of purchase
- Distribution strategy
- A return to haggling?
- Advertising and promotion
- Social media and publicity
- Is cheapest best?
- Customer loyalty schemes
- Other pricing strategies
- Real value integrity
- Getting the right people
- Creating a customer-oriented culture
- Personality and motivation
- Managing performance
- Setting motivational SMART goals
- Expectations, value and brand
- Training and developing people
- Leading and managing people
- Role modelling
- Learning about people
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments which are marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our award-winning tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education.
For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Retail Management Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.