Starting Your Own Business Level 3
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you unsure how to turn your ideas into reality?
- Learn the key steps you will need to consider when planning and creating your business to increase your chances of success
- Understand how to market your business, identify competition, set pricing and create branding strategies
- Plan how to meet the individual needs of customers and prepare for the obstacles and opportunities that will arise during your venture
- Explore the most efficient ways to advertise your business and how to recruit the right staff
This Starting Your Own Business course contains everything you need to know to get started and you can complete it from the comfort of your home.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or online, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 12 months.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast