ABE Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-up
Boost your knowledge and learn how to set up your own business, from home!
- Learn how to create a robust business plan and start your own business.
- Develop the knowledge and confidence required to run a successful business.
- Gain an insight into how to research, plan and budget in order to reduce risks and ensure growth.
- Understand how to develop a marketing approach that helps you to position your product/service effectively.
This course is accredited by the Association of Business Executives (ABE) who provide internationally recognised qualifications and a worldwide professional association for business executives.
As well as providing an excellent foundation on knowledge in business start-up, this level 3 course is ideal for:
• Students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in business start-up.
• Those who want to go on to further vocational training and develop their skills further.
• Those aspiring to start up their own business and work for themselves
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 360 hours.
Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-Up awarded by ABE (The Association of Business Executives).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Formative and summative assessments.
RQF Number: 603/0048/6
- Producing a plan
- Supporting a successful business venture
- Information sources
- External market analysis
- External environment and its impact on success
- Customer perspective
- Competitor perspective
- Analysing the business idea
- Producing measurable objectives
- Improving the business idea
- Marketing mix
- Defining and positioning the unique selling proposition (USP)
- Influencing customer perceptions
- Developing sales pitches
- Driving sales
- Investment in a start-up
- Local legal structures
- Requirements and resources
- Operating at launch
- Operating on an ongoing basis
- Producing financial forecasts and budgets
- Sourcing finances
- Managing the day-to-day business using financial information
- Managing performance and spotting failures
- Securing funding
- Assisting the entrepreneur in the ongoing management of the business
- Preparing a pitch
- Reflecting on the process of developing a business plan
- Evaluating the business objectively
- Producing a business plan that clearly communicates the vision for the new business, if it is to attract investment
The qualification will be assessed by a combination of formative and summative assessments.
You will complete a formative assignment for each of the first five elements, which will then contribute to the final summative assessment for Element 6 which will form a business plan.
The final summative assignment will be submitted to ABE once complete. ABE will set the assignments, including the provision of templates which you can choose to use to complete your assignment if you wish.
This course will take approximately 360 hours to complete. Students will receive one year to complete the course, which is a lot more time than you will need. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
On successful completion of this course you will receive a Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-Up awarded by ABE (The Association of Business Executives). This qualification is recognised by the UK government’s official qualifications regulatory authority for England, Ofqual.
There are no entry requirements needed to enrol onto this course, so you can start studying straight away.
You may start at any time and have up to a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• FREE CV writing service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything is included in the cost of the course.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor to be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-up.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.