Business Management Level 3
This course provides essential knowledge for students wishing to progress to a career in business management.
- Gain an understanding how to listen to, develop and coach your staff.
- Study the key leadership styles and how to deal with conflict in the workplace.
- Understand how to manage teams effectively and recognise the stages of team development.
- Learn how to manage your employees’ performance and set SMART goals.
Benefit from a solid introduction to managing people, performance and understanding common business practices in this level 3 course.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to one year
Approximately 120 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Managers as people
- Average managers and great managers
- Developing your staff
- Managing in context
- Financial systems
- Performance and development review
- Holding meetings
- Developing effective transactions
- Ineffective transactions
- Stages of team development
- Keeping performance records
- SMART goals
- Achieving balance
- Considerations when goal setting
- Learning from experience
- Leadership and management
- Four styles of leadership
- Leadership and politics
- Dealing with conflict
- How to make collaboration work
- Leadership influences on management
This Business Management course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
This course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. There are no deadlines or time limits for completing this course, so you can work at your own pace.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and a study guide, plus tutor support by mail or email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.