Business Management Level 4 and 5
Boost your knowledge of business management from home and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 4 and 5 Extended Diploma in Management qualification.
- Develop the personal skills to allow you to succeed in a working environment.
- Understand the financial, social and managerial aspects of a business.
- Gain an understanding of the marketing mix and it’s use within the business planning process.
- Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers and learn the fundamentals of business law.
Combining both levels 4 and 5, this course dives into the in-depth knowledge and skills of business and management, providing the equivalent to the first and second years of an undergraduate degree.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their business management skills.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in business management.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an Undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
Join over 90,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 and 5 Extended Diploma in Management qualification.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Online and written assignments.
- Understand which personal skills are vital to the business world and why.
- Learn a range of vital communication skills and understand how and why they are used in different commercial purposes.
- External factors that may affect the business and its operations, including economics, internal dimensions, nature and competition.
- Gaining an understanding of the marketing mix and using it within the process of business planning.
- Looking at employees as a business's most valuable asset, and how you can recruit, reward and obtain the best possible.
- Exploring management theories and models and their different contexts.
- Looking at culture, why It’s important and how it differs between organisations.
- Looking at customers as a business's most valuable asset, and how you can recruit, reward and obtain the best possible.
- Understanding accounts and how they can be used effectively to give valuable insight into the health and status of an organisation.
- Reviewing good and bad financial decision making and the impact they have on a business.
- Understanding the necessary skills and qualities of being an entrepreneur.
- Examining the structure of organisations and why they are as such. How is this determined? Why does it differ between organisations?
- Learners will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
- Understand the importance of goal setting and how a company can work towards achieving this.
- Discover the impact that politics has on a business - positive and negative - economic impact, exports and the support of the government.
- Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners look into the legalities of business and business executives.
- Looking at governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- Evaluating the performance of the people within your business and how you can improve as a unit. Review reward structures, training, CPD and development.
- Analyse markets, customers, competitors and products, and how they can come together.
- Understand the use of numeric exercises and their purpose within a business.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for up to five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 4 and 5 Extended Diploma in Management qualification. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, and the level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with one-to-one Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online Social Learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.