Wedding Planner and Starting Your Own Business Level 3
Learn how to start your own wedding planning business, from home!
- Learn how to plan every detail of a wedding, from catering and transport, to entertainment and photography
- Gain the skills to plan weddings catering for all tastes and preferences, whether traditional, themed, small or large
- Learn everything you need to know to create a successful business with proper research and financial planning
- Gain knowledge of how to market your business effectively and reap the rewards of working within this fast-growing, multi-million dollar industry
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You will have more than enough time to complete your course so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 140 hours.
Wedding Planner and Starting Your Own Business Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Wedding Planner Level 3
- Organisation skills
- People management
- Professional image
- Contributing to outstanding service
- Team work
- Using IT for effective planning
- Date of the wedding
- Civil/Church ceremony
- Evening reception
- The wedding process from start to finish
- Drawing up a wedding budget with clients
- Wedding contingency budgets
- Communication between you and your client
- Altering plans
- The process for organising a wedding overseas
- Hotel/venue wedding co-ordinator
- Invitations and accommodation
- Legal requirements for an overseas wedding
- Potential problems
- Religious weddings
- Church of England weddings
- The Catholic Church
- Civil ceremonies and civil partnerships
- Wedding etiquette
- The Marriage Act 1994
- Types of locations for the wedding to be held
- Themed weddings
- Data Protection Act 1988
- Accurate, legible and up to date information
- Marketing your business
- Wedding Fairs
- Financial information
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
The Wedding Planner and Starting Your Own Business course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor via email for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 140 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.