ICB Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts – Full Membership MICB
This course provides everything you need to know about bookkeeping, so enrol now to study with an award-winning home learning provider with tutor support!
- Study a flexible course that is accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers(ICB), the world's largest bookkeeping institute.
- A successful pass on this complete package will allow you to gain ICB full membership status, proving your bookkeeping skills to employers or customers.
- Develop advanced-level knowledge of bookkeeping processes and practices, from single-entry manual bookkeeping to fully computerised accounts.
- Gain real skills, allowing you to work for all types of organisations and as a freelance bookkeeper.
This bundle provides everything you need to know about bookkeeping, so enrol now to study with an award-winning home learning provider with tutor support!
Up to 2 years.
You will receive an ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AICB) and an ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB).
No prior bookkeeping knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course, but you should have basic numerical skills.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping – Associate Membership AICB
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of professional ethics
- Understand the legal differences between the structure of different types of businesses
- Understand the specific accounting requirements for different accounting systems
- Understand the basic accounting concepts
- Understand the importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
- Understand the importance of the chart of accounts
- Understand the importance of IT systems in a modern bookkeeping world
- Understand the basic principles involved in double entry bookkeeping including the format of the accounting equation
- Identify the various methods of payment and receipts to and from a bank account
- Understand the purpose and range of business documents
- Understand the need to accurately prepare business documents for goods and services supplied
- Understand the need to check business documents received
- Understand the various rates of VAT
- Understand how to correctly account for VAT in a bookkeeping system
- Understand how to account for VAT transactions with customers in, and suppliers from, other countries
- Understand the purpose of, and making entries into, a bookkeeping system
- Calculate the value of equity
- Understand how to upload and match bank transactions
- Understand the use of control accounts in the system
- Understand the purpose and need to record petty cash
- Post appropriate journal entries into the system
- Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance
- Reconcile relevant account balances
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Produce relevant reports
ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts – Full Membership MICB
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the various accounting standards that are applied to the production of year-end accounts
- Understand the different VAT schemes that are available for use
- Understand the importance of being able to clearly communicate relevant information
- Understand the requirements for uploads to HMRC under making tax digital (as and when introduced)
- Reconcile debtors and creditors control accounts
- Write off a bad debt
- Correct errors in the accounts
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for, and be able to post, adjustments to the accounts
- Provide for revaluation of assets
- Prepare a set of final accounts suitable for internal management purposes
- Calculate and post relevant amounts to appropriate profits as required
- Adjust capital share of partners
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes
- Analyse and interpret financial statements
- Prepare a cash budget