ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping – Associate Membership AICB
Learn the principles of bookkeeping, from home!
- Develop core skills in application to both manual and computerised bookkeeping.
- A successful pass on this qualification will allow you to become an associate member of the ICB and use the designated letters AICB after your name. This will enable you to work as an employed or self-employed bookkeeper.
- Gain a solid foundation of knowledge in all the key aspects of bookkeeping.
- Study a course that is accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the world's largest bookkeeping institute.
- This course is an ideal introduction to bookkeeping and prepares you for the ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts.
This course is assessed online, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors will support you every step of the way.
Achieve your dream career and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive an ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AICB).
No prior bookkeeping knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course, but you should have basic numerical skills.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments and online tests.
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of professional ethics
- Understand the legal differences between the structure of different types of businesses
- Understand the specific accounting requirements for different accounting systems
- Understand the basic accounting concepts
- Understand the importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
- Understand the importance of the chart of accounts
- Understand the importance of IT systems in a modern bookkeeping world
- Understand the basic principles involved in double entry bookkeeping including the format of the accounting equation
- Identify the various methods of payment and receipts to and from a bank account
- Understand the purpose and range of business documents
- Understand the need to accurately prepare business documents for goods and services supplied
- Understand the need to check business documents received
- Understand the various rates of VAT
- Understand how to correctly account for VAT in a bookkeeping system
- Understand how to account for VAT transactions with customers in, and suppliers from, other countries
- Understand the purpose of, and making entries into, a bookkeeping system
- Calculate the value of equity
- Understand how to upload and match bank transactions
- Understand the use of control accounts in the system
- Understand the purpose and need to record petty cash
- Post appropriate journal entries into the system
- Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance
- Reconcile relevant account balances
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Produce relevant reports