ICB Bookkeeping and Payroll Package
Study all you need to know about bookkeeping and payroll in this mighty complete bundle!
- Study a flexible course that is accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), the world's largest bookkeeping institute.
- Develop advanced-level knowledge of bookkeeping processes and practices, from single-entry manual bookkeeping to fully computerised accounts.
- Gain recognised qualifications, allowing you to work for all types of organisations and as a freelance bookkeeper.
- A successful pass on this qualification will allow you to gain full ICB membership status and use the designated letters MICB after your name, proving your bookkeeping qualifications to employers or customers.
- The ICB Level 3 Diploma in Payroll Management is a comprehensive introduction for anyone wishing to enter the field of payroll and benefit from faster career progression into payroll management.
This course bundle includes:
- ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AICB)
- ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB)
- ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3
You will also receive the following to support your studies:
- Free registration and a 1-year subscription to the ICB
- Free Sage software to support your studies
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 3 years.
You will receive an ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AICB), an ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB) and an ICB Diploma in Payroll Management.
No prior bookkeeping knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course, but you should have basic numerical skills.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3
- Legislation PAYE, NI, pensions and RTI
- Gross pay and statutory payments
- National Insurance contributions
- PAYE and tax codes
- Statutory deductions, student loans and attachment of earnings
- Directors N.I. deductions
- Expenses and Benefits in Kind (BIK)
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Payroll forms in a payroll system
- Installation of Sage 50 payroll
- Setting up and configuration
- Company set up and access rights
- Employee records set up
- Payroll processing
- Timesheet entry
- Pay review and variances
- Record holidays and absences
- Process payrolls with holidays and absences
- Processing new employees
- Personnel records
- Pensions and auto-enrolment
- Bonuses, attachment of earning and statutory pay
- Payroll year end
ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping – Associate Membership AICB
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of professional ethics
- Understand the legal differences between the structure of different types of businesses
- Understand the specific accounting requirements for different accounting systems
- Understand the basic accounting concepts
- Understand the importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
- Understand the importance of the chart of accounts
- Understand the importance of IT systems in a modern bookkeeping world
- Understand the basic principles involved in double entry bookkeeping including the format of the accounting equation
- Identify the various methods of payment and receipts to and from a bank account
- Understand the purpose and range of business documents
- Understand the need to accurately prepare business documents for goods and services supplied
- Understand the need to check business documents received
- Understand the various rates of VAT
- Understand how to correctly account for VAT in a bookkeeping system
- Understand how to account for VAT transactions with customers in, and suppliers from, other countries
- Understand the purpose of, and making entries into, a bookkeeping system
- Calculate the value of equity
- Understand how to upload and match bank transactions
- Understand the use of control accounts in the system
- Understand the purpose and need to record petty cash
- Post appropriate journal entries into the system
- Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance
- Reconcile relevant account balances
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Produce relevant reports
ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts – Full Membership MICB
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the various accounting standards that are applied to the production of year-end accounts
- Understand the different VAT schemes that are available for use
- Understand the importance of being able to clearly communicate relevant information
- Understand the requirements for uploads to HMRC under making tax digital (as and when introduced)
- Reconcile debtors and creditors control accounts
- Write off a bad debt
- Correct errors in the accounts
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for, and be able to post, adjustments to the accounts
- Provide for revaluation of assets
- Prepare a set of final accounts suitable for internal management purposes
- Calculate and post relevant amounts to appropriate profits as required
- Adjust capital share of partners
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes
- Analyse and interpret financial statements
- Prepare a cash budget
During this course you will complete a number of Tutor Marked Assignments in preparation for your official assessments.
For the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, as part of your official assessment you will complete four online tests. For the Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, as part of your official assessment you will complete four online tests and an examination. For the Diploma in Payroll Management, as part of your official assessment you will complete one online test.
All online tests can be taken at home or at work, wherever you have access to a secure Internet connection, so assessment is quick and simple. For any examinations, we can help you find an approved ICB examination centre in your area. You will be responsible for booking and paying for any assessments or exams.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and will have three years to complete this bundle (one year per level).
You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each level, so you can work at your own pace.
Whilst studying your course you will also be required to install Sage software; you will have 6 months access to this software.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work, with full tutor support by email so help is only a click away!
On successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve an ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (AICB), an ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB) and an ICB Diploma in Payroll Management.
On completion of the ICB Level 2 and 3 courses you will receive full membership status with the ICB and will be eligible to use the letters MICB after your name.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is the largest bookkeeping awarding body in the world. Offering membership to students, their industry recognised qualifications highlight your experience and competence within the bookkeeping and account profession.
No prior bookkeeping knowledge is needed to enrol onto this course, but you should have basic numerical skills. In addition, the SAGE software must be downloaded via the link supplied, so you’ll need a computer or laptop with internet connection and storage space.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE registration and 1-year subscription to ICB
- FREE Sage 50 Accounts and Payroll software
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
The Sage 50 software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher. Sage software will not run on Windows XP or on any Apple Macintosh computer. The software is available as a download only – you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device.
In order to achieve the full qualification for each course you will be required to sit a number of online tests and an examination.
Yes. It is your responsibility to pay for all ICB assessments and examinations.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
Package course (best value)Package
From £34.17 per month
or from £949 in full