Introduction to Bookkeeping QLS Level 1
Are you looking to pursue a career in bookkeeping? Then this QLS Level 1 Introduction to Bookkeeping course could be just for you. From understanding the concepts of double-entry bookkeeping to entering credit transactions into the ledgers.
- Gain an understanding of the role of a bookkeeper.
- Learn how to make entries into the prime entry books and produce routine business and administration documents.
- Understand bookkeeping terminology and concepts, as well as the principles of professional and ethical behaviour.
- Develop your knowledge of how to manage bookkeeping tasks.
This QLS Level 1 Introduction to Bookkeeping course provides you with the basics of bookkeeping, whilst being ideal for students who want to achieve a career in the field. In this course, you will learn about trial balances, an analysed cash book, VAT inclusive figures, and more.
Due to learning where you want, when you want, it couldn’t be easier! All your materials will be delivered to you via email or post and our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email. You will have more than enough time to complete your course, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their accounting and bookkeeping knowledge
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in accounting, finance, or bookkeeping.
Future career options:
- Chartered accounting
- Finance manager
- Management accounting
- External auditor
- Forensic accountant
- Internal audit
- Business analyst
Up to one year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for the QLS Level 1 Introduction to Bookkeeping.
- Understanding bookkeeping
- The role of a bookkeeper
- Business types
- Core business relationships
- Calculating and recording VAT
- Cashbook, petty cashbook and reconciliation
- Creating invoices, credit notes and statement of accounts
- Preparing supplier documents
- Checking key financial documents
- Recording source documents
- Sales daybook and sales return daybook
- Purchase daybook and purchases returns daybook
- Petty cash and petty cash vouchers
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Assets, liabilities, expenses and income
- Bookkeeping terminology
- Totalling sale and expenses
- Calculating gross and net profit
- Effective communication
- Environmental responsibility
- Bookkeeping and confidentiality
- Ethical behaviour
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year (12 months) to complete your studies.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality License Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 1 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, completion of this course is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
No, everything you need is covered in the cost of the course!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.