IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
Pursue your studies in bookkeeping from home!
- Understand the types of business entity which operate in the private sector of the UK economy.
- Explore the services offered to businesses by banks and building societies.
- Know how to use a sub-divided bookkeeping system using main books, subsidiary books and books of prime entry.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in bookkeeping, this IAB course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in bookkeeping, those aspiring to achieve a career in bookkeeping and accounts or learners that want to boost their skills and progress in their current career.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by IAB.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and an examination.
RQF Number: 601/9061/9
- Basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Terms used by bookkeepers
- Source documents and their purpose
- Sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Basics of the VAT system
- HMRC VAT rules
- VAT control account and VAT return
- Role of banks and building societies
- How businesses use financial services
- Methods of payment and their features
- Security measures and procedures for the safekeeping of cash
- Prepare documents to be issued to customers
- Checking documents received from suppliers
- Preparing documents to be issued to suppliers
- Preparing a petty cash voucher
- Day books
- Analysed cash book
- Petty cash book
- Trial balance
- Control accounts and reconcile control account balances
- Reconcile the bank current account balance
During this course, you will complete a number of tutor-marked assignments in preparation for your official assessments.
As part of your official assessment, you will complete two online knowledge tests, two online assignments and an examination. All online knowledge tests and assignments for this course are completed using the IAB online testing platform and are subject to a time constraint. You are required to complete one IAB examination which will be completed under controlled conditions at an external venue. You will be responsible for booking and paying for this exam but we can assist in locating an approved venue.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and will have 12 months to complete the course. You will also receive 12 months tutor support, so you can work at your own pace.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as support and assignment marking from a personal tutor.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve a Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB).
IAB stands for the International Association of Bookkeepers, which is an awarding body of qualifications and a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. IAB qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations to ensure that their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
This course is nationally recognised qualification approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
There are no formal entry requirements needed to enrol onto this course. However, it is recommended that you have basic skills in numeracy and literacy. Prior knowledge of bookkeeping terminology and the skill to perform some basic bookkeeping tasks is also desirable.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- IAB registration fee
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
You are required to complete one IAB examination which will be completed under controlled conditions at an external venue. You will be responsible for booking paying for this exam.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.