IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting
Are you looking to pursue a career in bookkeeping or even further your knowledge in the field? Then this IAB Bookkeeping and Accounting Level 3 course could be just for you. From exploring the process of making accounting adjustments to the complexities of preparing financial statements.
- Understand how to prepare a trial balance, use a suspense account and correct bookkeeping errors.
- Explore how to carry out routine period end procedures such as valuing stock and recording a stock valuation in the bookkeeping system.
- Know how to gain the skills required to prepare financial statements for a sole trader.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification.
Save £1898 when you buy this course as a package
This IAB Bookkeeping and Accounting Level 3 course provides an excellent knowledge base in bookkeeping and accounting, whilst being ideal for students who want to achieve a career in the field. If you’ve already made a start to life in bookkeeping, this bundle will boost your skills and help you progress in your career. As briefly mentioned in the course introduction, you will be introduced to the process of making accounting adjustments in the preparation of financial statements.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their accounting and bookkeeping knowledge
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in accounting, finance, or bookkeeping.
Future career options:
- Chartered accounting
- Finance manager
- Management accounting
- External auditor
- Forensic accountant
- Internal audit
- Business analyst
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting accredited by the IAB.
It is recommended that you have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping up to and including trial balance stage.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
RQF Number: 601/9058/9
- Purpose of accounting concepts and standards
- The qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Accounting for a stock valuation
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- The purpose of a trial balance and a suspense account
- The purpose of financial statements
- The purpose of the extended trial balance
- The principles of accounting for partnerships
- The process of accounting from incomplete records
- The principles of accounting for not for profit organisations
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
- Prepare a trial balance and correct errors
- Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Prepare an extended trial balance
- Prepare financial statements for a partnership
- Calculate capital or accumulated funds from incomplete data
- Construct accounts and a trial balance from incomplete records
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
During this course, you will complete a number of tutor-marked assignments in preparation for your official assessments.
As part of your official assessment, you will complete one online knowledge test, two online assignments and an examination. All online knowledge tests and assignments for this course are completed using the IAB online testing platform and are subject to a time constraint. You will also be required to pass one IAB examination which will be completed under controlled conditions at an external venue. You will be responsible for booking your exams, but we can assist with identifying an appropriate venue.
Please note, you must purchase IAB student membership in order to book your IAB exams – please see the Q&As section for more information.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and will have 12 months to complete the course. You will also receive 12 months tutor support, so you can work at your own pace.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as support and assignment marking from a personal tutor.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting accredited by the IAB (Institute of Accountants and Bookkeepers).
The Institute of Accountants and Bookkeepers (IAB) is a membership organisation and awarding body that provides qualifications in bookkeeping, payroll, and finance all over the world.
By offering flexible, Ofqual-regulated qualifications, they are helping develop students’ journeys from the beginning and throughout their careers. The courses are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers, and other relevant organisations to ensure that all of their qualifications meet the highest industry-approved standards.
When you have successfully completed the IAB Bookkeeping and Accounting Level 3 course, you will be able to apply for professional membership with IAB and start your career in bookkeeping and accounting.
It is recommended that you have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping up to and including trial balance stage. Suitable work experience would qualify you to commence your studies at this level, as would the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification or a similar qualification issued by another awarding body.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student notebook
From 1st January 2022, all IAB students will be required to register for student membership via the IAB website. The annual membership fee is £50. Once you have registered, you will receive an e-certificate indicating that you are a member of the IAB and the date your membership is valid until.
Becoming an IAB member will give you access to a range of benefits such as networking events, copies of the quarterly The Bookkeeper magazine, and a dedicated student area on their website.
Please note that to enable you to book your IAB exams, you must purchase the membership and register as a student member.
For more information on membership, benefits and exam fees, go to the IAB website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.