IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting
Pursue your studies in bookkeeping and accounting, from home!
- Understand how to prepare a trial balance, use a suspense account and correct bookkeeping errors.
- Explore how to carry out routine period end procedures such as valuing stock and recording a stock valuation in the bookkeeping system.
- Know how to gain the skills required to prepare financial statements for a sole trader.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in bookkeeping and accounting, this IAB course is ideal for students who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in bookkeeping and accounting and those aspiring to achieve a career in bookkeeping and accounts.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting accredited by the IAB.
It is recommended that you have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping up to and including trial balance stage.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
RQF Number: 601/9058/9
- Purpose of accounting concepts and standards
- The qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Accounting for a stock valuation
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- The purpose of a trial balance and a suspense account
- The purpose of financial statements
- The purpose of the extended trial balance
- The principles of accounting for partnerships
- The process of accounting from incomplete records
- The principles of accounting for not for profit organisations
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
- Prepare a trial balance and correct errors
- Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Prepare an extended trial balance
- Prepare financial statements for a partnership
- Calculate capital or accumulated funds from incomplete data
- Construct accounts and a trial balance from incomplete records
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
During this course, you will complete a number of tutor-marked assignments in preparation for your official assessments.
As part of your official assessment, you will complete one online knowledge test, two online assignments and an examination. All online knowledge tests and assignments for this course are completed using the IAB online testing platform and are subject to a time constraint. You will also be required to pass one IAB examination which will be completed under controlled conditions at an external venue. You will be responsible for booking and paying for this exam but we can assist with identifying an appropriate venue.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and will have 12 months to complete the course. You will also receive 12 months tutor support, so you can work at your own pace.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as support and assignment marking from a personal tutor.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers).
IAB stands for the International Association of Bookkeepers, which is an awarding body of qualifications and a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. IAB qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations to ensure that their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
This course is nationally recognised qualification approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
It is recommended that you have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping up to and including trial balance stage. Suitable work experience would qualify you to commence your studies at this level, as would the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification or a similar qualification issued by another awarding body.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- IAB registration fee
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
It is also your responsibility to pay for your IAB examination sat at an external venue.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.