IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
Take the first step to becoming a qualified bookkeeper!
- Gain a full introduction to double entry bookkeeping, trial balances and bank reconciliations.
- Learn how to keep double entry records.
- Understand how to prepare reconciliations.
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification from the International Association of Bookkeepers.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year.
You will achieve an IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Knowledge tests and tutor-marked assignments.
- Basics of double entry bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping terms
- Source documents and their purpose
- Basics of VAT
- Purpose of trail balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Using the journal
- Recording transactions in a double entry bookkeeping system
- Preparing a trail balance
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement
A knowledge test and two assignments are used for the purpose of assessing learner competence in this qualification. The assessments for this course are completed online using the IAB online testing platform and are subject to a time constraint. You will also have to complete a tutor-marked assignment.
This course will take approximately 25 study hours. You can register at any time and will have a full year to complete the course from the date of enrolment, so you can work at your own pace.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as support and assignment marking from a personal tutor.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve a Level 1 Award in Manual Bookkeeping accredited by the International Association of Bookkeepers(IAB). That means that it is a level 1 nationally recognised qualification approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
IAB stands for the International Association of Bookkeepers, which is an awarding body of qualifications and a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. IAB qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations to ensure that their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
RQF Number: 601/9065/6
No previous knowledge is necessary, however, it is advised that you already have some basic numeracy skills.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- IAB registration fee
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything is included within the cost of the course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.