IAB Bookkeeping Levels 1 2 and 3
Kick-start your career in bookkeeping with this three-course bundle!
- Achieve a nationally recognised qualification in bookkeeping and accounting
- Understand everything you need to know about bookkeeping including trial balance, valuing stock, books of prime entry and much more
- Know how to gain the skills required to prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification from the International Association of Bookkeepers
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in bookkeeping and accounting, this IAB bundle is ideal for students who want to achieve a career in bookkeeping and accounts and for learners who want to boost their skills and progress in their current career.
Up to 3 years.
You will receive a Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping, a Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- Basics of double entry bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping terms
- Source documents and their purpose
- Basics of VAT
- Purpose of trail balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
- Using the journal
- Recording transactions in a double entry bookkeeping system
- Preparing a trail balance
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement
IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Terms used by bookkeepers
- Source documents and their purpose
- Sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Basics of the VAT system
- HMRC VAT rules
- VAT control account and VAT return
- Role of banks and building societies
- How businesses use financial services
- Methods of payment and their features
- Security measures and procedures for the safekeeping of cash
- Prepare documents to be issued to customers
- Checking documents received from suppliers
- Preparing documents to be issued to suppliers
- Preparing a petty cash voucher
- Day books
- Analysed cash book
- Petty cash book
- Trial balance
- Control accounts and reconcile control account balances
- Reconcile the bank current account balance
IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Purpose of accounting concepts and standards
- The qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Accounting for a stock valuation
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- The purpose of a trial balance and a suspense account
- The purpose of financial statements
- The purpose of the extended trial balance
- The principles of accounting for partnerships
- The process of accounting from incomplete records
- The principles of accounting for not for profit organisations
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
- Prepare a trial balance and correct errors
- Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Prepare an extended trial balance
- Prepare financial statements for a partnership
- Calculate capital or accumulated funds from incomplete data
- Construct accounts and a trial balance from incomplete records
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
During this course, you will complete a number of tutor-marked assignments in preparation for your official assessments.
For the Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping, as part of your official assessment, you will complete 3 online knowledge tests. For the Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, as part of your official assessment, you will complete two online knowledge tests, two online assignments and an examination. For the Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, as part of your official assessment, you will complete one online knowledge test, two online assignments and an examination.
All online knowledge tests and assignments for this course are completed using the IAB online testing platform and are subject to a time constraint. All IAB examinations will be completed under controlled conditions at an external venue. You will be responsible for booking and paying for these external exams but we are able to assist with finding a venue.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and will have three years to complete this bundle (one year per level). You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each level, so you can work at your own pace.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. You will receive a course pack containing all study materials, as well as support and assignment marking from a personal tutor.
There are no formal entry requirements needed to enrol onto this course. However, it is recommended that you have basic skills in numeracy and literacy. Prior knowledge of bookkeeping terminology and the skill to perform some basic bookkeeping tasks is also desirable.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- IAB registration fee
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
It is also your responsibility to pay for your IAB external examinations but we can assist with finding a venue.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.