ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts – Full Membership MICB
Are you interested in bookkeeping and accounts? With this course, you will receive all you need to know about just that!
- Gain the knowledge and skills to become a qualified bookkeeper.
- Learn how to produce the final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and not-for-profit organisations in both manual and computerised systems.
- On successful completion of this course, you will be able to gain full membership status with the ICB, allowing you to use the letters MICB after your name. You would also be able to work as a self-employed/employed bookkeeper.
This course provides everything you need to know about bookkeeping, so enrol now to study with an award-winning home learning provider with tutor support!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive an ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB).
Before commencing the study at this level, the candidate should have achieved ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or its equivalent with another awarding body.
A mixture of tutor-marked assignments, online tests and examinations.
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the various accounting standards that are applied to the production of year-end accounts
- Understand the different VAT schemes that are available for use
- Understand the importance of being able to clearly communicate relevant information
- Understand the requirements for uploads to HMRC under making tax digital (as and when introduced)
- Reconcile debtors and creditors control accounts
- Write off a bad debt
- Correct errors in the accounts
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for, and be able to post, adjustments to the accounts
- Provide for revaluation of assets
- Prepare a set of final accounts suitable for internal management purposes
- Calculate and post relevant amounts to appropriate profits as required
- Adjust capital share of partners
- Understand the importance of interpreting financial statements for internal management purposes
- Analyse and interpret financial statements
- Prepare a cash budget
During this course, you will complete a number of Tutor Marked Assignments in preparation for your official assessments. As part of your official assessment, you will complete four online tests and an examination.
All online tests can be taken at home or at work, wherever you have access to a secure an internet connection, so assessment is quick and simple. For any examinations, we can help you find an approved ICB examination centre in your area. You will be responsible for booking and paying for any assessments or exams.
Once you have enrolled, you can start at any time and will have a full year to complete your studies. You will also receive 12 months tutor support, so you can work at your own pace.
Whilst studying your course you will also be required to install Sage software. You will have 6 months access to this software.
The distance learning course can be studied from home or at work. You will receive all course materials and unlimited tutor support by email.
On successful completion of all assessments, you will achieve an ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts (MICB).
On completion of the ICB Level 3 you will receive full membership status with the ICB and will be eligible to use the letters MICB after your name.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is the largest bookkeeping awarding body in the world. Offering membership to students, their industry recognised qualifications highlight your experience and competence within the bookkeeping and account profession.
Before commencing the study at this level, the candidate should have achieved ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping or its equivalent with another awarding body. In addition, the software is provided via a downloadable link, so you will need a computer with internet access and storage space.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE registration and 1 year subscription to ICB
- FREE Sage 50 Accounts software
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
The Sage 50 software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher. Sage software will not run on Windows XP or on any Apple Macintosh computer. The software is available as a download only – you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device.
In order to achieve the full qualification for this course, you will be required to complete a number of online tests from home and an external examination.
Yes. It is your responsibility to pay for all ICB assessments and examinations.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.