Heritage Interior Design and Starting Your Own Business
Learn how to launch your own Heritage interior design business from home!
- Discover the history of interior design and the importance of conservation and tradition
- Understand the laws, floor plans and planning acts you need to take into consideration
- Develop insights into how to handle design and research projects in historical context
- Learn how to write your business plan and execute your marketing plan
This course is designed to help you start your own interior design business that specialises in heritage styles. With this course you will perfect your knowledge of heritage interior design whilst helping you to understand how to run your business effectively.
With Open Study College you can study all of this in a way that suits you! We offer a flexible way to learn that allows you to study at your own pace. And you won’t be alone, our friendly and experienced tutors will be there every step of the way by email, so help is only ever a click away!
Start your journey today and join over 110,000 students that have studied with us. Achieving your dream career couldn’t be easier!
Up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course).
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Heritage Interior Design Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Starting your Own Business Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Define interior design
- History and its importance
- Brief timeline
- Advantages and disadvantages of ancient interior design
- Various wall and floor treatments found in each era
- Window treatments
- Keeping and changing heritage buildings
- Appropriate designs
- Inappropriate designs
- Various floor plans
- Local government
- Law surrounding heritage interior design
- Modern and heritage project planning
- Technological factors
- Environmental aesthetics
- Sociological considerations
- Environment pollution
- Choosing a historical era
- Choosing aspects of interior design
- Legal and planning consent
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
You will study this course via distance learning, allowing you to learn wherever and whenever it suits you. With our choice of flexible study methods, you can choose the option that suits your learning style. If you choose to study online, you’ll be able to start studying through our online learning portal as soon as you receive your login details. If you choose a study pack, we will have your learning materials delivered to your door. You will also receive unlimited tutor support by email, meaning help and guidance is only ever a click away!
Once enrolled, you will have up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle. The time limit and flexibility of this course allows to complete your studies at your own pace.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
*Only included with the study pack option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.