Heritage Interior Design and Starting Your Own Business
Learn how to launch your own Heritage interior design business from home!
- Discover the history of interior design and the importance of conservation and tradition
- Understand the laws, floor plans and planning acts you need to take into consideration
- Develop insights into how to handle design and research projects in historical context
- Learn how to write your business plan and execute your marketing plan
This course is designed to help you start your own interior design business that specialises in heritage styles. With this course you will perfect your knowledge of heritage interior design whilst helping you to understand how to run your business effectively.
With Open Study College you can study all of this in a way that suits you! We offer a flexible way to learn that allows you to study at your own pace. And you won’t be alone, our friendly and experienced tutors will be there every step of the way by email, so help is only ever a click away!
Start your journey today and join over 90,000 students that have studied with us. Achieving your dream career couldn’t be easier!
Up to two years to complete this bundle (one year per course).
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Heritage Interior Design Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Starting your Own Business Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
Heritage Interior Design Level 3
- Define interior design
- History and its importance
- Brief timeline
- Advantages and disadvantages of ancient interior design
- Various wall and floor treatments found in each era
- Window treatments
- Keeping and changing heritage buildings
- Appropriate designs
- Inappropriate designs
- Various floor plans
- Local government
- Law surrounding heritage interior design
- Modern and heritage project planning
- Technological factors
- Environmental aesthetics
- Sociological considerations
- Environment pollution
- Choosing a historical era
- Choosing aspects of interior design
- Legal and planning consent
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast