Heritage Interior Design Level 3
For those wishing to pursue a career as an interior designer with a specialist interest in heritage style.
- Discover the history of interior design from the ancient past to present day
- Learn the importance of conservation, tradition, decoration and style
- Understand what to look for when working with heritage buildings
- Consider what may or may not be appropriate in this environment
- Develop an insight into laws, floor plans and planning acts
- Identify various factors in history that have been an influence and had impact on heritage interior design
- Create a heritage project by using information learnt and your own research
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All the materials will be sent to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Heritage Interior Design Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Define interior design
- History and its importance
- Brief timeline
- Advantages and disadvantages of ancient interior design
- Various wall and floor treatments found in each era
- Window treatments
- Keeping and changing heritage buildings
- Appropriate designs
- Inappropriate designs
- Various floor plans
- Local government
- Law surrounding heritage interior design
- Modern and heritage project planning
- Technological factors
- Environmental aesthetics
- Sociological considerations
- Environment pollution
- Choosing a historical era
- Choosing aspects of interior design
- Legal and planning consent
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete. This gives you more than enough time to complete your studies.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post or email. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. You should be willing to undertake research into the heritage interior design by using the internet and other resources such as books and magazines.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Heritage Interior Design Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.