Interior Design QLS Level 3
Looking for a career where you can express your creativity? Turn your passion into a career with our flexible interior design course.
- Learn the art of using colour, light and shade to produce stunning interiors
- Develop your skills to coordinate soft furnishings, lighting, paint styles and floor finishes
- Learn how to produce accurate drawings in one-point and two-point perspectives
- Discover everything you need to know to manage an interior design project, from start to finish!
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Interior Design Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The colour wheel
- The effects of light and shade on colour
- Monochromatic colours
- Harmonious colours
- Layout of a drawing
- Mood boards
- Sample boards
- Paint techniques
- Blending and developing shades
- Floor finishes
- The different types of lighting
- The lighting design
- Window treatments
- Types of window treatment
- Curtain headings
- Considering materials
- Initial contact
- Briefing consultation questionnaire
- Final consultation
- Legal considerations
- Appointment correspondence
- Letter of intent to a contractor
- Contract tender letter
- Contract tender rejection
- The design brief
- The back wall
- Establishing the eye line
- Placing the vanishing point on one-point perspective
- Two-point perspective
- Establishing the floor and ceiling lines
- The perspective grid
- Right-angle measurements
- Drawing windows
- Adding furniture to your drawings
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Management ability
- Order of works
- Concepts of scheduling
- The order sheet
- Fees and hourly rates
- Quotations from suppliers
- Constructing an invoice
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you by email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.