Interior Design QLS Level 3 and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3
Learn how to start your own interior design business from home!
- Study the principles of colour theory and design layout, including the colour wheel and harmonious colours.
- Understand how to create mood and sample boards, as well as lighting design.
- Learn how to conduct client consultations and manage design briefs.
- Explore how to successfully start your own business, including writing a business plan, how to market your business, set a pricing strategy and understanding your business’s finances.
With a creative and project-intensive business such as Interior Design, it is important to remember the commercial aspects of running a company. This course is designed to help you achieve excellence in both the quality of your skills as an interior designer and in the way that you run your business.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to two years.
Approximately 240 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The colour wheel
- The effects of light and shade on colour
- Monochromatic colours
- Harmonious colours
- Layout of a drawing
- Mood boards
- Sample boards
- Paint techniques
- Blending and developing shades
- Floor finishes
- The different types of lighting
- The lighting design
- Window treatments
- Types of window treatment
- Curtain headings
- Considering materials
- Initial contact
- Briefing consultation questionnaire
- Final consultation
- Legal considerations
- Appointment correspondence
- Letter of intent to a contractor
- Contract tender letter
- Contract tender rejection
- The design brief
- The back wall
- Establishing the eye line
- Placing the vanishing point on one-point perspective
- Two-point perspective
- Establishing the floor and ceiling lines
- The perspective grid
- Right-angle measurements
- Drawing windows
- Adding furniture to your drawings
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Management ability
- Order of works
- Concepts of scheduling
- The order sheet
- Fees and hourly rates
- Quotations from suppliers
- Constructing an invoice
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 240 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.