Sports Nutrition Level 3
Develop your knowledge of sports nutrition, from home!
- Understand the human body’s structure, including life processes and bodily functions.
- Learn about the body’s cells structure and functions.
- Identify the different systems in the body such as the respiratory and lymphatic systems and how they work.
- Study the various sources of nutrition and the effect they have an effect on our body.
The course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it easier and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you or delivered by post, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 12 months
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Human body structure
- Body functions
- Life process
- Anatomical terminology
- Cells structure and function
- Body tissues
- Functions of the skeletal system
- Bone tissue
- Bone development and growth
- Classifications of bones
- Division of the skeleton
- Functions of the muscular system
- Structure of the skeletal muscle
- Muscle types
- Skeletal muscle groups
- Functions of the nervous system
- Nerve tissue
- Organisation of the nervous system
- Introduction to the endocrine system
- Characteristics of hormones
- Endocrine glands
- Introduction to the cardiovascular system
- Functions of the lymphatic system
- Components of the lymphatic system
- Introduction to the respiratory system
- Mechanics of ventilation
- Respiratory volumes and capacities
- Conducting passages
- Functions of the digestive system
- General structure
- Regions of the digestive system
- Functions of the urinary system
- Components of the urinary system
- Introduction to the reproductive system
- Male reproductive system
- Female reproductive system
- Non-essential amino acids
- Essential amino acids
- Fat dietary
- Know the limits
- Female average
- Male average
- Child average
- Creative monohydrate
- Alcohol’s effect on metabolism
- Caffeine's effect on metabolism
- Eating disorders
- Fad diet
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. No external examination is required.
This course will take you 12 months to complete.
This course will allow you to work at home or at work. All materials for the course will be received by post. You will also get tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
Package course (best value)Package
From £49.71 per month
or from £1399 in full